Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd (028050) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd. (Samsung Engineering) is one of the leading engineering companies in the world and is a well recognized name in the global Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) market. It offers a full range of engineering services including feasibility studies, project financing, engineering, procurement, construction, transport and installation, commissioning, and operation and maintenance. Through these services, the company caters upstream and downstream hydrocarbon facilities; power plants; water and waste treatment plants; and industrial production facilities. It has operations in over 38 countries across Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, North America, and Latin America. Samsung Engineering is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd Key Recent Developments
Jul 27, 2016: Saudi Aramco Receives Foreign Bids For Clean Fuels Project At Ras Tanura Refinery
Jun 15, 2016: Bapco Issues Tender For Sitra Oil Refinery Expansion
May 19, 2016: SA Power Networks to conduct nation-leading trial of combined solar and batteries
May 11, 2016: Malaysia's Petronas Wins Three EPCC Contracts For Pengerang Petrochemical Plants
Mar 31, 2016: Texas LNG Files FERC Application And Achieves Key Milestone In Regulatory Process
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Key Facts 6
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Key Employees 7
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Key Employee Biographies 8
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Major Products and Services 9
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - History 10
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Company Statement 14
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 - Company Analysis 18
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Business Description 18
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Corporate Strategy 19
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Strengths 20
Strength - Solid Global Standing 20
Strength - Improved Financial Performance 20
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Declining Order Backlogs 21
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Merger with Samsung Heavy Industries 22
Opportunity - Growing Market for LNG 22
Opportunity - Increasing Global Demand for Energy 22
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Threats 23
Threat - Political Instability in the Middle East 23
Threat - Competition 23
Threat - Dependence on Subcontractors 23
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 32
Jul 27, 2016: Saudi Aramco Receives Foreign Bids For Clean Fuels Project At Ras Tanura Refinery 32
Jun 15, 2016: Bapco Issues Tender For Sitra Oil Refinery Expansion 33
May 19, 2016: SA Power Networks to conduct nation-leading trial of combined solar and batteries 34
May 11, 2016: Malaysia's Petronas Wins Three EPCC Contracts For Pengerang Petrochemical Plants 35
Mar 31, 2016: Texas LNG Files FERC Application And Achieves Key Milestone In Regulatory Process 36
Dec 23, 2015: Duqm Refinery Organizes An Open Forum For The Pre-Qualified EPC Tenderers In Duqm 37
Dec 22, 2015: Samsung Engineering Secures Major Refinery Contract From Pemex In Mexico 38
Dec 04, 2015: Samsung Engineering Awarded $882 Million Contract For Two Petrochemical Plants In Malaysia 39
Nov 10, 2015: Samsung Engineering Signed MOU For BTX Plant In Uzbekistan 40
Oct 04, 2015: Salalah Methanol Company Announces Update On Salalah Ammonia Project 41
Section 5 - Appendix 42
Ratio Definitions 42
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List of Figures
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Ratio Charts 30
List of Tables
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Key Facts 6
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Key Employees 7
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Major Products and Services 9
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, History 10
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Other Locations 15
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Subsidiaries 16
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Joint Venture 17
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Key Competitors 24
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 25
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Annual Ratios 26
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Interim Ratios 29
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 42
Capital Market Ratios 42
Equity Ratios 43
Profitability Ratios 43
Cost Ratios 44
Liquidity Ratios 44
Leverage Ratios 45
Efficiency Ratios 45
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
KT Submarine Co., Ltd.
Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.
Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"