Construction in Kazakhstan-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
Kazakhstan's construction industry's output grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.33% in real terms during the review period (2013-2017).
The government's efforts to enhance transport and residential infrastructure will support the growth of the industry over the forecast period (2018-2022). The government plans to invest KZT6.5 trillion (USD 20 billion) to develop the country's rail and road infrastructure by 2020. In addition, the government's aim to develop renewable energy resources is expected to support investment in energy infrastructure projects, which will in turn fuel growth in the industry. The industry growth will also be driven by the Strategic Development Plan 2025, under which the government aims to improve the competitiveness of business and human capital, institutional environment and technological modernization in order to achieve sustainable economic growth.
The industry's output value in real terms is expected to rise at a CAGR of 5.08% over the forecast period.
GlobalData's "Construction in Kazakhstan-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022", report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Kazakhstani construction industry, including-
- The Kazakhstani construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Kazakhstani construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
- GlobalData expects the Infrastructure construction market to account for 34.8% of the industry's total value in 2022, driven by public and private sector investments in public transport infrastructure. In a bid to modernize the public transport network in Astana, the country's capital, as well as reduce traffic congestion, improve passenger services and cut travel time, the government is constructing a new Light Rail Transport (LRT) system in the region. The total investment for the project is estimated to be KZT619.4 billion (USD 1.9 billion).
- Forecast-period growth in the residential construction market will be supported by public and private sector investments in the construction of new residential buildings to meet the demand for housing and the government's efforts to build affordable housing units for the country's low- and middle-income population. In beginning of 2018, the government implemented the second phase of the Nurly Zher national program. Under which, with a total area of 600,000m2, the government plans to build 8,500 apartments.
- GlobalData expects the energy and utilities construction market to record a forecast-period CAGR of 9.44% in nominal terms. The market's forecast-period growth will be supported by the government's focus on renewable energy. The government aims to generate 10% of the country's total energy requirement through renewable sources by 2030. With an expected investment of KZT1 trillion (USD 3.1 billion), the government plans to roll out 52 renewable energy projects with a total capacity of 2GW by the end of 2020.
- Institutional construction market's growth over the forecast-period will be supported by public and private sector investment in educational and healthcare building construction projects. Demand for schools, healthcare facilities and government buildings will also increase, as a result of population growth and urbanization. According to the Ministry of Finance, the government allocated KZT1.1 trillion (USD 3.0 billion) to the education sector in the first seven months of 2018 and KZT658.1 billion (USD 1.8 billion) towards healthcare.
- The total construction project pipeline in Kazakhstan-as tracked by GlobalData, and including all mega projects with a value above USD 25 million-stands at KZT49.7 trillion (USD 152.4 billion). The pipeline, which includes all projects from pre-planning to execution, is skewed towards late-stage projects, with 59.4% of the pipeline value being in projects in the pre-execution and execution stages as of January 2019.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Kazakhstan. It provides-
- Historical (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2022) valuations of the construction industry in Kazakhstan, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants.
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
2. CONSTRUCTION OUTLOOK: AT-A-GLANCE 3
3. LATEST NEWS AND INDICATORS 9
4. KEY DRIVERS AND RISKS 11
4.1. Economic Performance 11
4.2. Political Environment 11
4.3. Demographics 12
4.4. Risk Profile 13
5. CONSTRUCTION OUTLOOK 14
5.1. All Construction 14
5.1.1. Outlook 14
5.1.2. Project analytics 16
5.2. Commercial Construction 19
5.2.1. Outlook 19
5.2.2. Project analytics 21
5.3. Industrial Construction 23
5.3.1. Outlook 23
5.3.2. Project analytics 25
5.4. Infrastructure Construction 27
5.4.1. Outlook 27
5.4.2. Project analytics 29
5.5. Energy and Utilities Construction 31
5.5.1. Outlook 31
5.5.2. Project analytics 33
5.6. Institutional Construction 35
5.6.1. Outlook 35
5.6.2. Project analytics 36
5.7. Residential Construction 38
5.7.1. Outlook 38
5.7.2. Project analytics 40
6. KEY INDUSTRY PARTICIPANTS 42
6.1. Contractors 42
6.2. Consultants 44
7. APPENDIX 46
7.1. What is this Report About? 46
7.2. Definitions 46
8. ABOUT GLOBALDATA 50
8.1. GlobalData at a Glance 50
8.2. GlobalData Construction 51
8.3. Disclaimer 52
8.4. Contact Us 52
List of Figures
Figure 1: Key Markets, Construction Output Growth Matrix and Risk Matrix 3
Figure 2: Kazakhstan, Construction Projects Pipeline by Sector (KZT Billion) 3
Figure 3: Kazakhstan, Fixed Capital Investments (KZT Billion) 9
Figure 4: Kazakhstan, Risk Review 13
Figure 5: Kazakhstan, Risk Comparison 13
Figure 6: Kazakhstan, Construction Output Value (Real, USD billion, 2017 prices and exchange rate) 14
Figure 7: Kazakhstan, Construction Output Value, Growth Matrix 15
Figure 8: Kazakhstan, Construction Output Value, by Sector (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 15
Figure 9: Kazakhstan, Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion), 2017-2022 16
Figure 10: Kazakhstan, Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 16
Figure 11: Kazakhstan, Commercial Construction Output by Project Type (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 20
Figure 12: Kazakhstan, Commercial Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 21
Figure 13: Kazakhstan, Commercial Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion) 22
Figure 14: Kazakhstan, Industrial Construction Output by Project Type (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 24
Figure 15: Kazakhstan, Industrial Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 25
Figure 16: Kazakhstan, Industrial Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion) 26
Figure 17: Kazakhstan, Infrastructure Construction Output by Project Type (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 28
Figure 18: Kazakhstan, Infrastructure Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 29
Figure 19: Kazakhstan, Infrastructure Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion) 30
Figure 20: Kazakhstan, Energy and Utilities Construction Output by Project Type (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 32
Figure 21: Kazakhstan, Energy and Utilities Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 33
Figure 22: Kazakhstan, Energy and Utilities Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion) 34
Figure 23: Kazakhstan, Institutional Construction Output by Project Type (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 35
Figure 24: Kazakhstan, Institutional Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 36
Figure 25: Kazakhstan, Institutional Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion) 37
Figure 26: Kazakhstan, Residential Construction Output by Project Type (KZT Billion), 2013-2022 39
Figure 27: Kazakhstan, Residential Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (KZT Billion) 40
Figure 28: Kazakhstan, Residential Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (KZT Billion) 41
Figure 29: Kazakhstan, Headquarters of Key Contractors (% of Total Project Pipeline) 43
Figure 30: Kazakhstan, Headquarters of Foreign Contractors (% of Project Pipeline with Foreign Contractor) 43
Figure 31: Kazakhstan, Headquarters of Key Consultants (% of Total Project Pipeline) 45
Figure 32: Kazakhstan, Headquarters of Foreign Consultants (% of Project Pipeline with Foreign Consultants) 45
List of Tables
Table 1: Construction Outlook 3
Table 2: Kazakhstan, Key Economic Indicators 11
Table 3: Kazakhstan, Construction Output Value (nominal, KZT Billion) 17
Table 4: Kazakhstan, Construction Output Value (nominal, USD Million) 18
Table 5: Kazakhstan, Top Commercial Construction Projects by Value 22
Table 6: Kazakhstan, Top Industrial Construction Projects by Value 26
Table 7: Kazakhstan, Top Infrastructure Construction Projects by Value 30
Table 8: Kazakhstan, Top Energy and Utilities Construction Projects by Value 34
Table 9: Kazakhstan, Top Institutional Construction Projects by Value 37
Table 10: Kazakhstan, Top Residential and Mixed-Use Construction Projects by Value 41
Table 11: Kazakhstan, Key Contractors 42
Table 12: Kazakhstan, Key Consultants 44
Table 13: GlobalData Construction Market Definitions 47
Table 14: Construction Risk Index Ratings and Scores 49
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Construction, Kazakhstani Construction Industry, Commercial Construction, Institutional Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Residential Construction, Energy and Utilities Construction
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"