Project Insight-Global Water and Sewage Construction Projects
Among the major challenges facing policymakers focused on global development issues is water shortages and raising the investment required to overcome water scarcity. In a recent UN report it was revealed that more than 5 billion people could suffer water shortages by 2050, due to climate change, increased demand and polluted supplies. Globally, water demand is predicted to increase significantly over the coming decades. In addition to the water demand of the agricultural sector-which is currently responsible for 70% of water abstractions worldwide-large increases in water demand are predicted, particularly for industry and energy production. According to the United Nations (UN), on average, high-income countries treat about 70% of the wastewater they generate, however this drops to 38% in upper middle-income countries and 28% in lower middle-income countries. In low-income countries, only 8% of industrial and municipal wastewater undergoes treatment of any kind.
GlobalData's Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking water and sewage construction projects globally with a total value of USD 368.1 billion. Of this, USD 206.6 billion is in the execution stage and USD 79.6 billion at the planning stage. Asia-Pacific accounts for the highest value with USD 152.4 billion, followed by the Americas with projects valuing USD 103.4 billion. The Middle East and Africa follow with projects with a value of USD 88.6 billion and Europe has projects valued at USD 23.6 billion. By country, the US heads up water and sewage project investment with USD 72.0 billion followed by China with projects valuing USD 71.1 billion. The largest projects currently in the pipeline are the USD 62.0 billion South-North Water Diversion Program in China followed by the USD 16.7 billion Sacramento to San Joaquin River Delta Conveyance System in the US.
- The highest value of projects are at the execution stage, with USD 206.6 billion, followed by projects at the planning stage with USD 79.6 billion.
- The US leads the global project pipeline, with projects valued at USD 72.0 billion, followed by China with USD 71.1 billion.
- Public investment is responsible for the funding of the highest proportion of projects, with 56%, with joint public/private funding at 36% and the remaining 8% of projects financed by private funding.
- Assuming all projects tracked go ahead as planned, annual spending would reach USD 52.1 billion in 2019.
- The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries.
- The top 50 global projects are listed giving country, stage, value of water and sewage construction.
- Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
- Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including the US, China and India.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into the development of the water and sewage construction sector.
- Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development globally, for the regions and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
- Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
Table of Contents
1. Global Overview 6
2. Sector Analytics 12
2.1. Collection and Transmission 12
2.2. Treatment Plants 14
2.3. Other Water and Sewage Infrastructure 16
2.4. Desalination Plants 18
2.5. Containment 20
3. Regional Overviews 22
3.1. The Americas 22
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Water, Sewage, Infrastructure, Global, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, The Americas, North America, South and Central America, The US, China, India, Oman, Kuwait, The UAE, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, The UK, Vietnam
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"