Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd (009540)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd (HHI) is one of the leading shipbuilding companies in the world. HHI manufactures VLCCs, containerships, P/C ships, LNG carriers, and warships. Its offering also includes combined cycle power plant, thermal power plant, oil and gas processing plant, LNG plant, refinery plant, petrochemical plant, process equipment, nuclear component and boiler & heat steam recovery generators (HRSG). The company provides engines for ships, diesel power plants, industrial and marine pumps and hydraulic machinery. It also manufactures construction equipment and wheel loaders. The company has operations in Korea, North America, Asia and Europe. HHI is headquartered in Gye-dong, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd Key Recent Developments
Nov 22,2018 NASR Phase II Full Field Development Project Package 2-Components of Jackets, Piles, Bridges and Flare Tower
Nov 15,2018 GTT receives an order from HHI to design tanks of two new LNG carriers
Nov 13,2018 GTT notified by Hyundai Heavy Industries for tank design of new lng carrier
Nov 06,2018 Hoegh LNG: Hoegh Esperanza commissioning for FSRU operations in Tianjin, China
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Key Facts 6
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Key Employees 7
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Major Products and Services 8
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-History 10
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Company Statement 23
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 24
Head Office 24
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 24
Joint Venture 27
Section 2-Company Analysis 28
Company Overview 28
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Business Description 29
Business Segment: Construction Equipment 29
Business Segment: Electro Electric Systems 29
Business Segment: Engine and Machinery 29
Business Segment: Green Energy 29
Business Segment: Offshore and Industrial Plant Engineering 30
Business Segment: Others 30
Business Segment: Shipbuilding 30
Geographical Segment: Asia 30
Geographical Segment: Europe 31
Geographical Segment: Korea 31
Geographical Segment: North America 31
Geographical Segment: Others 31
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-SWOT Analysis 32
SWOT Analysis-Overview 32
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Strengths 32
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Weaknesses 33
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Opportunities 34
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Threats 35
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd-Key Competitors 36
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 38
Performance Chart 41
Financial Performance 41
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 42
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 43
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 44
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 45
Nov 22, 2018: NASR Phase II Full Field Development Project Package 2-Components of Jackets, Piles, Bridges and Flare Tower 45
Nov 15, 2018: GTT receives an order from HHI to design tanks of two new LNG carriers 46
Nov 13, 2018: GTT notified by Hyundai Heavy Industries for tank design of new lng carrier 47
Nov 06, 2018: Hoegh LNG: Hoegh Esperanza commissioning for FSRU operations in Tianjin, China 48
Oct 31, 2018: Saudi Aramco signs wide-ranging MoUs 49
Oct 24, 2018: Saudi Aramco signs 15 MoUs at future investment initiative (FII) forum worth USD 34 billion 50
Oct 21, 2018: ABS Awards AIP to HHI's Deepwater FLNG Hull 52
Oct 21, 2018: ABS Awards AIP to HHI's Standardized FPSO Topside 53
Oct 17, 2018: Kwispaa LNG reaches major milestone with filing of Project Description with provincial and federal regulators 54
Sep 27, 2018: Equinor: Newbuilt shuttle tankers for Roncador field in Brazil 55
Section 5-Appendix 56
Ratio Definitions 56
About GlobalData 60
Contact Us 60
List of Figures
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 41
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Ratio Charts 43
List of Tables
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Key Facts 6
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Key Employees 7
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Major Products and Services 8
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, History 10
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Other Locations 24
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Subsidiaries 25
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Affiliate 27
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Joint Venture 27
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Key Competitors 36
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 37
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Annual Ratios 38
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 39
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 40
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Interim Ratios 42
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 44
Currency Codes 56
Capital Market Ratios 56
Equity Ratios 57
Profitability Ratios 57
Cost Ratios 58
Liquidity Ratios 58
Leverage Ratios 59
Efficiency Ratios 59
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
Samsung C&T Corporation
Han Chang Trans Co Ltd
Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co Ltd
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co Ltd
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"