Advertising in Australia
Advertising in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia advertising market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The advertising industry consists of agencies providing advertising, including display advertising, services.
- The Australian advertising industry had total revenues of USD1,757.7m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food, beverage & personal/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD576.4m, equivalent to 32.8% of the industry's overall value.
- In Australia, the increase in smartphone penetration has caused a shift in the advertising industry to a more digital field.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the advertising market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the advertising market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key advertising market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia advertising market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia advertising market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia advertising market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia advertising market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's advertising market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Dentsu, Inc. 22
The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. 26
Publicis Groupe SA 30
WPP plc 34
Macroeconomic Indicators 38
Country data 38
Industry associations 41
Related MarketLine research 41
About MarketLine 42
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia advertising industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia advertising industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Australia advertising industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia advertising industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the advertising industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the advertising industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the advertising industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the advertising industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the advertising industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the advertising industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Dentsu, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Dentsu, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Publicis Groupe SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Publicis Groupe SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: WPP plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: WPP plc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia advertising industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia advertising industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Australia advertising industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Australia advertising industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Dentsu, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 7: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Dentsu, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: key facts
Table 10: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 11: The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Publicis Groupe SA: key facts
Table 13: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (USD)
Table 14: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 15: Publicis Groupe SA: key financial ratios
Table 16: WPP plc: key facts
Table 17: WPP plc: key financials (USD)
Table 18: WPP plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 19: WPP plc: key financial ratios
Table 20: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
Publicis Groupe SA
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"