Advertising in South Korea
Advertising in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Korea advertising market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The advertising industry consists of agencies providing advertising, including display advertising, services.
- The South Korean advertising industry generated total revenues of USD516.6m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The food, beverage & personal/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD0.2bn, equivalent to 38.9% of the industry's overall value.
- Advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram has proved fruitful for advertisers looking to target millennials, whereas advertising on websites and search engines has helped heighten exposure to older internet users.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the advertising market in South Korea
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the advertising market in South Korea
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key advertising market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Korea advertising market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Korea advertising market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Korea advertising market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Korea advertising market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Korea's advertising market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Cheil Worldwide Inc. 22
GIIR Corporation 25
Innocean Worldwide Inc. 28
Lotte Group 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Korea advertising industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Korea advertising industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: South Korea advertising industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: South Korea advertising industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the advertising industry in South Korea, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the advertising industry in South Korea, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the advertising industry in South Korea, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the advertising industry in South Korea, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the advertising industry in South Korea, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the advertising industry in South Korea, 2017
Figure 11: Cheil Worldwide Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Cheil Worldwide Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: GIIR Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: GIIR Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: South Korea advertising industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: South Korea advertising industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: South Korea advertising industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: South Korea advertising industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Cheil Worldwide Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Cheil Worldwide Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 7: Cheil Worldwide Inc.: key financials (KRW)
Table 8: Cheil Worldwide Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: GIIR Corporation: key facts
Table 10: GIIR Corporation: key financials (USD)
Table 11: GIIR Corporation: key financials (KRW)
Table 12: GIIR Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 13: Innocean Worldwide Inc.: key facts
Table 14: Lotte Group: key facts
Table 15: South Korea size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: South Korea gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: South Korea gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: South Korea inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: South Korea consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: South Korea exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Cheil Worldwide Inc.
Innocean Worldwide Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"