Discovery Inc (DISCA)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Discovery Inc (Discovery) formerly Discovery Communications Inc, is an Internet protocol media company. It produces content across crime and investigation, exploration, sports, health, automobiles, survival, lifestyle, adventure, general entertainment, heroes, and kids; and distributes that across different distribution platforms, including pay-television, free-to-air and broadcast, digital distribution platforms, and content licensing agreements. The company also operates a portfolio of websites, production studios, digital direct-to-consumer products, and curriculum-based education products and services. Discovery's television brands include Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, HGTV, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Food Network, Velocity (known as Turbo outside of the US), and Eurosport. The company operates business in the US and other countries. Discovery is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, the US.
Discovery Inc Key Recent Developments
Jun 13,2018: Alex Wellen Named President & General Manager, Motor Trend Group
Jun 05,2018: TLC appoints Rick Holzman as senior vice president, programming and strategy
May 08,2018: Discovery releases Q1 2018 financial results
Apr 19,2018: Jane Latman Named General Manager, Travel Channel
Nov 30,2017: Discovery names Kasia Kieli as head of Europe, Middle East, Africa
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Discovery Inc-Key Facts 6
Discovery Inc-Key Employees 7
Discovery Inc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Discovery Inc-Major Products and Services 10
Discovery Inc-History 11
Discovery Inc-Company Statement 15
Discovery Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Discovery Inc-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Education and Other 22
Business Segment: International Networks 22
Key Stats 22
Business Segment: U.S. Networks 23
Key Stats 23
Geographical Segment: Non-US 24
Geographical Segment: The US 24
Discovery Inc-SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis-Overview 25
Discovery Inc-Strengths 25
Discovery Inc-Weaknesses 26
Discovery Inc-Opportunities 27
Discovery Inc-Threats 28
Discovery Inc-Key Competitors 29
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 34
Financial Performance 34
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 35
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 36
Discovery Inc, Recent Deals Summary 37
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 38
Jun 13, 2018: Alex Wellen Named President & General Manager, Motor Trend Group 38
Apr 19, 2018: Jane Latman Named General Manager, Travel Channel 39
Section 5-Appendix 40
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
List of Figures
Discovery Inc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 34
Discovery Inc, Ratio Charts 36
List of Tables
Discovery Inc, Key Facts 6
Discovery Inc, Key Employees 7
Discovery Inc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Discovery Inc, Major Products and Services 10
Discovery Inc, History 11
Discovery Inc, Other Locations 18
Discovery Inc, Subsidiaries 19
Discovery Inc, Key Competitors 29
Discovery Inc, Ratios based on current share price 30
Discovery Inc, Annual Ratios 31
Discovery Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 32
Discovery Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 33
Discovery Inc, Interim Ratios 35
Discovery Inc, Recent Deals Summary 37
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
Warner Media LLC
The Walt Disney Company
Discovery Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"