Movies & Entertainment in India
Movies & Entertainment in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India movies & entertainment market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The movies & entertainment market consists of both producers and distributors of entertainment formats, such as movies and music.
- The Indian movies & entertainment market had total revenues of USD 2,083.5m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The box office segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 1,846.6m, equivalent to 88.6% of the market's overall value.
- Despite 0.8% growth in 2014, the market has experienced strong growth in recent years which has been driven by high box office sales.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the movies & entertainment market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the movies & entertainment market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key movies & entertainment market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India movies & entertainment market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India movies & entertainment market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India movies & entertainment market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India movies & entertainment market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's movies & entertainment market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Eros International Media Limited 25
Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. 28
Yash Raj Films 33
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: India movies & entertainment market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: India movies & entertainment market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: India movies & entertainment market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India movies & entertainment market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the movies & entertainment market in India, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the movies & entertainment market in India, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the movies & entertainment market in India, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the movies & entertainment market in India, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the movies & entertainment market in India, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the movies & entertainment market in India, 2017
Figure 11: Eros International Media Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Eros International Media Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India movies & entertainment market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: India movies & entertainment market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: India movies & entertainment market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: India movies & entertainment market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: B4U: key facts
Table 6: Eros International Media Limited: key facts
Table 7: Eros International Media Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Eros International Media Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 9: Eros International Media Limited: key financial ratios
Table 10: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Yash Raj Films: key facts
Table 14: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"