Viacom Inc. (VIAB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Viacom Inc. (VIAB)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Viacom Inc. (Viacom), a subsidiary of National Amusements Inc, is a media company. It creates entertainment content, including television programs, podcasts, short-form content, motion pictures, consumer products, games, live events and social media experiences for audiences on various platforms and devices. The company's media networks, include Telefe, Channel 5, MTV, BET, Logo, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Comedy Central, TV Land, CMT, VH1, Nick Jr. and Colors. Viacom has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and other regions. It has production facilities and offices in the US and the UK. Viacom is headquartered in New York, the US.
Viacom Inc. Key Recent Developments
Aug 17,2018: AwesomenessTV lays off 50% of staff
Aug 14,2018: Viacom launches new international digital unit to be led by longtime exec Brendan Yam
Aug 09,2018: Viacom reports third quarter results
Jun 08,2018: Viacom reports leadership transition at Nickelodeon Group
May 21,2018: Viacom names Pamela Kaufman as president, Viacom/Nickelodeon global consumer products
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Viacom Inc.-Key Facts 6
Viacom Inc.-Key Employees 7
Viacom Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 8
Viacom Inc.-Major Products and Services 9
Viacom Inc.-History 11
Viacom Inc.-Company Statement 14
Viacom Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
Viacom Inc.-Business Description 19
Business Segment: EMEA 19
Business Segment: Filmed Entertainment 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Media Networks 20
Key Stats 20
Geographical Segment: All Other 20
Geographical Segment: US 20
Viacom Inc.-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Viacom Inc.-Strengths 21
Viacom Inc.-Weaknesses 22
Viacom Inc.-Opportunities 23
Viacom Inc.-Threats 24
Viacom Inc.-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Aug 09, 2018: Viacom reports third quarter results 33
Aug 03, 2017: Viacom Q3 net earnings up 36
Jul 24, 2017: Viacom appoints new senior vice president of corporate communications 37
Jun 15, 2017: Viacom announces senior management changes 38
May 04, 2017: Viacom Q2 net earnings down 39
Apr 25, 2017: Viacom announces launch of global product development group 40
Apr 21, 2017: Viacom names new senior vice president of communications and culture 41
Apr 07, 2017: Viacom appoints executive vice president of Insights & Audience Science 42
Mar 13, 2017: Viacom appoints new executive vice president and chief data officer 43
Mar 10, 2017: Viacom names new executive vice president, general counsel and secretary 44
Section 5-Appendix 45
Ratio Definitions 45
About GlobalData 49
Contact Us 49
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Viacom Inc., Performance Chart (2013-2017) 30
Viacom Inc., Ratio Charts 32
List Of Table
List of Tables
Viacom Inc., Key Facts 6
Viacom Inc., Key Employees 7
Viacom Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Viacom Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Viacom Inc., History 11
Viacom Inc., Subsidiaries 16
Viacom Inc., Key Competitors 25
Viacom Inc., Ratios based on current share price 26
Viacom Inc., Annual Ratios 27
Viacom Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Viacom Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Viacom Inc., Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 45
Capital Market Ratios 45
Equity Ratios 46
Profitability Ratios 46
Cost Ratios 47
Liquidity Ratios 47
Leverage Ratios 48
Efficiency Ratios 48
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Viacom Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Warner Media LLC
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
The Walt Disney Company
Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc.