Games Software in Germany
Games Software in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany games software market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The games software market includes retail sales of games for domestic games consoles, handheld games consoles, mobile phones and other wireless devices; and games for PC and Mac desktop computers. Online games are excluded (e.g. Second Life). Console hardware sales are excluded. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The German games software market generated total revenues of USD 1,374.6m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -5.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Sales generated through online pureplay were the most lucrative for the German games software market in 2017, with total revenues of USD 409.9m, equivalent to 29.8% of the market's overall value.
- The German games trade association GAME estimates that 2017 saw 34.3 million people (approximately 41% of the total population) play video games regularly in Germany. Interestingly, this represented no change from the previous year, suggesting that gaming is struggling to grow its popularity and may have reached saturation in terms of those who want to play. This could go some way to explaining the market's constrained growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the games software market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the games software market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key games software market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany games software market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany games software market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany games software market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany games software market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Germany's games software market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 10
Market distribution 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
Amazon.com, Inc. 21
Ceconomy AG 25
Expert International GmbH 26
GameStop Corp. 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany games software market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany games software market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Germany games software market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 4: Germany games software market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Ceconomy AG: key facts
Table 9: Expert International GmbH: key facts
Table 10: GameStop Corp.: key facts
Table 11: GameStop Corp.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: GameStop Corp.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 14: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 17: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 18: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany games software market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany games software market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany games software market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany games software market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the games software market in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the games software market in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the games software market in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the games software market in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the games software market in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the games software market in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: GameStop Corp.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: GameStop Corp.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Expert International GmbH
Games Software, MarketLine, Germany
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"