Global Media industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The global media industry had total revenues of USD 892.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 450.6bn, equivalent to 50.5% of the industry's overall value.
- The US has by far the largest media industry globally, accounting for over a third of global revenues in 2017. While this country will remain by far the largest, the US share of global revenues will drop slightly by 2022 as less mature Asian and Middle Eastern markets grow markedly in the forecast period.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalmedia market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 25
Comcast Corporation 25
News Corporation 30
Publicis Groupe SA 34
Time Warner Inc. 38
Industry associations 44
Related MarketLine research 44
About MarketLine 45
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Global media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the global media industry, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the global media industry, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the global media industry, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global media industry, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global media industry, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global media industry, 2017
Figure 11: Comcast Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Comcast Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: News Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: News Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Publicis Groupe SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Publicis Groupe SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Time Warner Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Time Warner Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Global media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Global media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Global media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Global media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Comcast Corporation: key facts
Table 6: Comcast Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Comcast Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 8: News Corporation: key facts
Table 9: News Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 10: News Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: Publicis Groupe SA: key facts
Table 12: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 14: Publicis Groupe SA: key financial ratios
Table 15: Time Warner Inc.: key facts
Table 16: Time Warner Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Time Warner Inc.: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"