Media in Brazil
Media in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Brazil media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Brazilian media industry had total revenues of USD 23.3bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 15.6bn, equivalent to 67% of the industry's overall value.
- Smart TV penetration in Brazil is still rather weak and is expected to reach 36% by 2019. This is primarily due to a relatively low internet penetration rate, which stands at around 66%. This stifles competition from substitutes like Netflix and helps to maintain growth.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Brazil
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Brazil
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Brazil media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Brazil media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Brazil media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Brazil media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Brazil's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 25
Downtown Filmes 25
Havas Media Group 26
Rede Globo 27
SOMOS Educacao 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 31
Country data 31
Industry associations 34
Related MarketLine research 34
About MarketLine 35
List of Figures
Figure 1: Brazil media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Brazil media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Brazil media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Brazil media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Brazil, 2017
Figure 11: SOMOS Educacao: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: SOMOS Educacao: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Brazil media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Brazil media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Brazil media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Brazil media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Downtown Filmes: key facts
Table 6: Havas Media Group: key facts
Table 7: Rede Globo: key facts
Table 8: SOMOS Educacao: key facts
Table 9: SOMOS Educacao: key financials (USD )
Table 10: SOMOS Educacao: key financials (BRL)
Table 11: SOMOS Educacao: key financial ratios
Table 12: Brazil size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: Brazil gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Brazil gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Brazil inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: Brazil consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: Brazil exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"