Media in China
Media in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Chinese media industry had total revenues of USD 111.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 47.1bn, equivalent to 42.3% of the industry's overall value.
- China's GDP (adjusted for Purchasing Power Parity) surpassed the US in 2014, suggesting that consumers could afford to pay for non-essential items, such as TV subscriptions, and advertising companies could afford to run expensive campaigns.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the China media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
China Central Television 24
China Film Group Corporation 25
China Publishing Group 26
Dentsu, Inc. 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: China media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: China media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: China media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: China media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in China, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in China, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in China, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in China, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in China, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in China, 2017
Figure 11: Dentsu, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Dentsu, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: China media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: China media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: China media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: China media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: China Central Television: key facts
Table 6: China Film Group Corporation: key facts
Table 7: China Publishing Group: key facts
Table 8: Dentsu, Inc.: key facts
Table 9: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 11: Dentsu, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: China size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: China gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: China inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: China consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: China exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"