Media in Italy
Media in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Italian media industry had total revenues of USD 18.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 9.1bn, equivalent to 50% of the industry's overall value.
- Declines in this industry have largely been driven by declines in the publishing segment. Significant loss in terms of titles published, copies sold and market turnover has been recorded in recent years due to the sluggish economic performance in Italy.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Italy media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
De Agostini S.p.A 24
Havas Media Group 25
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A. 26
Sony Corporation 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 33
Country data 33
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Italy media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Italy media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Italy media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 11: RCS MediaGroup S.p.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: RCS MediaGroup S.p.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Sony Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Sony Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Italy media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Italy media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Italy media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: De Agostini S.p.A: key facts
Table 6: Havas Media Group: key facts
Table 7: RCS MediaGroup S.p.A.: key facts
Table 8: RCS MediaGroup S.p.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: RCS MediaGroup S.p.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 10: RCS MediaGroup S.p.A.: key financial ratios
Table 11: Sony Corporation: key facts
Table 12: Sony Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Sony Corporation: key financials (JPY)
Table 14: Sony Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 15: Italy size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Italy gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Italy inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Italy exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"