Media in the Netherlands
Media in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Netherlands media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Dutch media industry had total revenues of USD 8.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 3.8bn, equivalent to 42.4% of the industry's overall value.
- The decline in 2015 was largely driven by a decline in the broadcasting & cable TV segment of the industry. There were no large events in this year, such as the World Cup or the Olympics, to drive demand and because the value of the Euro declined against the dollar, the effect of this was exacerbated.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in the Netherlands
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in the Netherlands
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Netherlands media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Netherlands media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Netherlands media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Netherlands media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the Netherlands's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Column Film 24
Nederlandse Publieke Omroep 25
Omnicom Group, Inc. 26
Telegraaf Media Groep NV 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Netherlands media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Netherlands media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Netherlands media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Netherlands media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in the Netherlands, 2017
Figure 11: Omnicom Group, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Omnicom Group, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Telegraaf Media Groep NV: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Telegraaf Media Groep NV: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Netherlands media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Netherlands media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Netherlands media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Netherlands media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Column Film: key facts
Table 6: Nederlandse Publieke Omroep: key facts
Table 7: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key facts
Table 8: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 10: Telegraaf Media Groep NV: key facts
Table 11: Telegraaf Media Groep NV: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Telegraaf Media Groep NV: key financials (EUR)
Table 13: Telegraaf Media Groep NV: key financial ratios
Table 14: Netherlands size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: Netherlands gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Netherlands gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Netherlands inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: Netherlands consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: Netherlands exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"