Media in Russia
Media in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Russia media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Russian media industry had total revenues of USD 11.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4.9bn, equivalent to 42.2% of the industry's overall value.
- The Russian economy struggled between 2014 and 2015 largely due to the collapse in oil prices and sanctions applied because of the annexation of Crimea. This had an impact across this industry as consumers reduced discretionary spending while companies cut back on ad spending.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Russia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Russia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Russia media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Russia media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Russia media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Russia media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Russia's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Axel Springer SE 24
Azbooka-Atticus Publishing Group 28
Dentsu, Inc. 29
All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company 32
Macroeconomic Indicators 33
Country data 33
Industry associations 36
Related MarketLine research 36
About MarketLine 37
List of Figures
Figure 1: Russia media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Russia media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Russia media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Russia media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Russia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Russia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Russia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Russia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Russia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Russia, 2017
Figure 11: Axel Springer SE: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Axel Springer SE: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Dentsu, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Dentsu, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Russia media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Russia media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Russia media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Russia media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Axel Springer SE: key facts
Table 6: Axel Springer SE: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Axel Springer SE: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Axel Springer SE: key financial ratios
Table 9: Azbooka-Atticus Publishing Group: key facts
Table 10: Dentsu, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 13: Dentsu, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company: key facts
Table 15: Russia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Russia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Russia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Russia inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Russia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Russia exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"