Meredith Corporation (MDP)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Meredith Corporation (Meredith) is a media and marketing company. The company publishes magazines and books catering home and family markets, and owns and operates television stations. It utilizes platforms such as print, broadcast television, digital, mobile, tablets, and video to deliver content to the target customers. It also operates websites, mobile-optimized websites, and applications to deliver local information related to news, sports, and weather; and websites including mobile-optimized websites, and applications delivering content across multiple areas. The company also provides digital and customer relationship marketing, brand licensing, and related services to some of the leading companies. Meredith is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, the US.
Meredith Corporation Key Recent Developments
Sep 05,2018: TOPC : Meredith Corporation Names Scott Macon President Of Synapse Group[Newswire : MarketLine - PRN ]
Aug 10,2018: Meredith reports fiscal 2018 full year and fourth quarter results
Aug 08,2018: Meredith names Matt Petersen SVP of The Foundry and Strategic Content
Jul 17,2018: Top Meredith exec mysteriously leaves job
Jul 11,2018: KPHO-TV CBS5 And KTVK 3TV'S Vice President & GM Ed Munson To Retire After Distinguished 40-Year Career In Television Industry
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Meredith Corporation-Key Facts 6
Meredith Corporation-Key Employees 7
Meredith Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 8
Meredith Corporation-Major Products and Services 9
Meredith Corporation-History 11
Meredith Corporation-Company Statement 15
Meredith Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 - Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
Meredith Corporation-Business Description 19
Business Segment: Local Media 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: National Media 19
Key Stats 20
Meredith Corporation-Corporate Strategy 21
Meredith Corporation-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Meredith Corporation-Strengths 22
Meredith Corporation-Weaknesses 23
Meredith Corporation-Opportunities 24
Meredith Corporation-Threats 25
Meredith Corporation-Key Competitors 26
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 34
Sep 05, 2018: TOPC : Meredith Corporation Names Scott Macon President Of Synapse Group[Newswire : MarketLine - PRN ] 34
Sep 05, 2018: TOPC : Meredith Corporation Names Scott Macon President Of Synapse Group[Newswire : MarketLine - PRN ] 35
Aug 10, 2018: Meredith reports fiscal 2018 full year and fourth quarter results 36
Aug 08, 2018: Meredith names Matt Petersen SVP of The Foundry and Strategic Content 39
Jul 11, 2018: KPHO-TV CBS5 And KTVK 3TV'S Vice President & GM Ed Munson To Retire After Distinguished 40-Year Career In Television Industry 40
Jun 22, 2018: Meredith Names Amy Conway Editor in Chief Of Health 41
May 15, 2018: Patrick McCreery Elected President Of Meredith Local Media Group 42
Jan 16, 2018: Meredith Names Julie Zoumbaris Vice President & General Manager Of WNEM TV5 In Saginaw 43
Jan 09, 2018: Meredith Names Lyle Banks Vice President & General Manager of WGCL & WPCH Television Stations in Atlanta 44
Jul 27, 2017: Meredith reports net earnings for Q4 45
Section 5 - Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List of Figures
Meredith Corporation, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 31
Meredith Corporation, Ratio Charts 33
List of Tables
Meredith Corporation, Key Facts 6
Meredith Corporation, Key Employees 7
Meredith Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Meredith Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Meredith Corporation, History 11
Meredith Corporation, Other Locations 16
Meredith Corporation, Subsidiaries 17
Meredith Corporation, Key Competitors 26
Meredith Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 27
Meredith Corporation, Annual Ratios 28
Meredith Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Meredith Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Meredith Corporation, Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 46
Capital Market Ratios 46
Equity Ratios 47
Profitability Ratios 47
Cost Ratios 48
Liquidity Ratios 48
Leverage Ratios 49
Efficiency Ratios 49
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The Hearst Corporation The E. W. Scripps Company S&P Global Inc. Remark Media Inc Pearson plc Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. Graham Holdings Company Gannett Co Inc Advance Publications, Inc.
The Hearst Corporation
The E. W. Scripps Company
S&P Global Inc.
Remark Media Inc
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Graham Holdings Company
Gannett Co Inc
Advance Publications, Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"