Scholastic Corporation (SCHL)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Scholastic Corporation (Scholastic) is a producer, publisher and distributor of books and educational materials for children. The company's product portfolio includes print and digital instructional materials for school going kids; educational and entertaining media for children, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other related products. It offers these products and services to schools, libraries, teachers, parents and children. It distributes its products and services through proprietary channels, retail stores, educational and entertaining children's media platforms, directly to schools and libraries, website and through book fairs. The company has presence across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Scholastic is headquartered in New York, the US.
Scholastic Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 19,2018: Scholastic Reports Q4 and Fiscal 2018 Results and Outlook
Mar 13,2018: Stephanie Smirnov Joins Scholastic as Executive Vice President & Head of Global Corporate Communications
Dec 14,2017: Scholastic announces Q2 fiscal 2018 financial results
Oct 30,2017: Scholastic announces CFO change
Sep 21,2017: Scholastic revenues down by 33% in Q1 2018
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Scholastic Corporation-Key Facts 5
Scholastic Corporation-Key Employees 6
Scholastic Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 7
Scholastic Corporation-Major Products and Services 8
Scholastic Corporation-History 9
Scholastic Corporation-Company Statement 13
Scholastic Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 - Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Scholastic Corporation-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Children's Book Publishing and Distribution 18
Business Segment: Education 18
Business Segment: International 19
Scholastic Corporation-Corporate Strategy 20
Scholastic Corporation-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Scholastic Corporation-Strengths 21
Scholastic Corporation-Weaknesses 22
Scholastic Corporation-Opportunities 23
Scholastic Corporation-Threats 24
Scholastic Corporation-Key Competitors 25
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 33
Jul 19, 2018: Scholastic Reports Q4 and Fiscal 2018 Results and Outlook 33
Mar 13, 2018: Stephanie Smirnov Joins Scholastic as Executive Vice President & Head of Global Corporate Communications 34
Jul 20, 2017: Scholastic reports higher Q4 net income, provides guidance for fiscal 2018 35
Mar 23, 2017: Scholastic reports higher Q3 net loss, affirms outlook for fiscal 2017 36
Section 5 - Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List of Figures
Scholastic Corporation, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 30
Scholastic Corporation, Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Scholastic Corporation, Key Facts 5
Scholastic Corporation, Key Employees 6
Scholastic Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
Scholastic Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
Scholastic Corporation, History 9
Scholastic Corporation, Subsidiaries 15
Scholastic Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Scholastic Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Scholastic Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Scholastic Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Scholastic Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Scholastic Corporation, Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Penguin Random House LLC Pearson plc John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company Educational Development Corporation Edmentum Inc.
Penguin Random House LLC
John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company
Educational Development Corporation
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"