Tanzania: Country Intelligence Report
"Tanzania: Country Intelligence Report", is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tanzania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Tanzania's telecom services market will grow from an estimated USD 1.4 billion in 2018 to USD 2.0 billion by 2023 driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue contributor in 2018 but its share will gradually decline over the forecast period. Fixed broadband will be the fastest growing segment with 19.0% CAGR, driven by growth in DSL subscriptions and projected rise in FTTx adoption supported by network expansions. Mobile data revenue will be driven by rising mobile data usage and increasing smartphone penetration.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Tanzania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Tanzania will grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 81.5% of the total telecom service revenue in 2023, driven by growth in adoption of 4G services.
- Vodacom will dominate the mobile subscribtions market in Tanzania in 2018, followed by Airtel and Tigo. Operators will compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades to strengthen their market presence.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Tanzania's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tanzania's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Tanzania's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tanzania.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 22
Competitive landscape 23
Tigo Tanzania 26
Airtel Tanzania 28
Additional resources 30
Baseline forecast assumptions 31
Data tables 32
Research methodology 37
Country Intelligence Report coverage 39
About GlobalData 40
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
TCRA, mobile data in Tanzania, mobile broadband, fixed broadband, fiber, prepaid in Tanzania, postpaid in Tanzania, 3G in Tanzania, 4G in Tanzania, Vodacom Tanzania, Tigo Tanzania, Airtel Tanzania, Halotel, Zantel, TTCL
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"