Naspers Limited (NPN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Naspers Limited (NPN)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Naspers Limited (Naspers) is a multinational media company. It provides ecommerce, internet services, video entertainment and print media services across the world. The company's Internet services include eCommerce services such as classifieds, online retail, marketplaces, online comparison shopping, payments and online services. Naspers' video entertainment services include direct-to-home satellite services, digital terrestrial television services and online and mobile services. It publishes magazines and newspapers, and provides printing, distribution, print media investments and book publishing services. The company has minority investments in listed, integrated social-network platforms such as Tencent and Mail.ru. It performs its operations through its subsidiaries and offices spread across Africa, China, Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Naspers is headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa.
Naspers Limited Key Recent Developments
Jun 22,2018: Naspers announces its results for the year to 31 March 2018
Feb 26,2018: Naspers chief investment officer retires
Jun 23,2017: Naspers annual profit increases
Mar 31,2017: Naspers: Appointment of independent non-executive director
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Naspers Limited-Key Facts 6
Naspers Limited-Key Employees 7
Naspers Limited-Key Employee Biographies 8
Naspers Limited-Major Products and Services 9
Naspers Limited-History 10
Naspers Limited-Company Statement 13
Naspers Limited-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Naspers Limited-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Corporate Services 18
Business Segment: Internet 18
Business Segment: Media 18
Business Segment: Other 19
Business Segment: Video Entertainment 19
Geographical Segment: Asia 19
Geographical Segment: Europe (excluding the UK) 20
Geographical Segment: North America 20
Geographical Segment: Rest of the World 20
Geographical Segment: South Africa 20
Geographical Segment: The UK 20
Naspers Limited-Corporate Strategy 21
Naspers Limited-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Naspers Limited-Strengths 22
Naspers Limited-Weaknesses 23
Naspers Limited-Opportunities 24
Naspers Limited-Threats 25
Naspers Limited-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 34
Jun 22, 2018: Naspers announces its results for the year to 31 March 2018 34
Jun 23, 2017: Naspers annual profit increases 35
Section 5-Appendix 36
Ratio Definitions 36
About GlobalData 40
Contact Us 40
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Naspers Limited, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 31
Naspers Limited, Ratio Charts 33
List Of Table
List of Tables
Naspers Limited, Key Facts 6
Naspers Limited, Key Employees 7
Naspers Limited, Key Employee Biographies 8
Naspers Limited, Major Products and Services 9
Naspers Limited, History 10
Naspers Limited, Subsidiaries 15
Naspers Limited, Key Competitors 26
Naspers Limited, Ratios based on current share price 27
Naspers Limited, Annual Ratios 28
Naspers Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Naspers Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Naspers Limited, Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 36
Capital Market Ratios 36
Equity Ratios 37
Profitability Ratios 37
Cost Ratios 38
Liquidity Ratios 38
Leverage Ratios 39
Efficiency Ratios 39
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Naspers Limited, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Warner Media LLC
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
The Walt Disney Company
Shenzhen Click Technology Co., Ltd.
Gruner + Jahr AG & Co KG
Daily Mail & General Trust plc
Caxton and CTP Publishers and Printers Limited
Axel Springer SE