DIC Corp (4631) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
DIC Corp (DIC), formerly Dainippon Ink & Chemicals, Inc., is a specialty chemical manufacturing company. It carries out the production and sale of printing inks, fine chemicals, organic pigments and synthetic resins. The company also provides high performance optical materials, plastic colorants, liquid crystal materials and engineering plastics. Its products find application in diverse industries including automotive, electronics, food packaging, housing and other industries. The company has presence across the major markets of the world through a network of production plants and branch offices. Its major markets include Asia Pacific, Europe and Americas. DIC is headquartered in Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
DIC Corp Key Recent Developments
May 31,2018: DIC s Chiba Plant Earns the Kanto Region Rationalization of Electric Power Use Committee Chairman s Award for Fiscal Year 2018
Apr 26,2018: DIC Subsidiary Qingdao DIC Finechemicals Installs Solar Power System
Mar 16,2018: DIC Increases Plant's Production Capacity For Polystyrene
Mar 15,2018: DIC Develops Cepallet Series Of Cell Detachment-Enhancing Cell Culture Containers
Sep 26,2017: DIC Group Company Siam Chemical Industry Installs Solar Panels
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
DIC Corp - Key Facts 5
DIC Corp - Key Employees 6
DIC Corp - Key Employee Biographies 8
DIC Corp - Major Products and Services 9
DIC Corp - History 11
DIC Corp - Company Statement 13
DIC Corp - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 - Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
DIC Corp - Business Description 19
DIC Corp - Corporate Strategy 20
DIC Corp - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
DIC Corp - Strengths 21
DIC Corp - Weaknesses 22
DIC Corp - Opportunities 23
DIC Corp - Threats 24
DIC Corp - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 33
May 31, 2018: DIC s Chiba Plant Earns the Kanto Region Rationalization of Electric Power Use Committee Chairman s Award for Fiscal Year 2018 33
Apr 26, 2018: DIC Subsidiary Qingdao DIC Finechemicals Installs Solar Power System 34
Mar 16, 2018: DIC Increases Plant's Production Capacity For Polystyrene 35
Mar 15, 2018: DIC Develops Cepallet Series Of Cell Detachment-Enhancing Cell Culture Containers 36
Sep 26, 2017: DIC Group Company Siam Chemical Industry Installs Solar Panels 37
Jun 06, 2017: DIC's Yokkaichi Plant Wins FDMA Commissioner's Award As Excellent Hazardous Materials-Related Site 38
Section 5 - Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List of Figures
DIC Corp, Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 30
DIC Corp, Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
DIC Corp, Key Facts 5
DIC Corp, Key Employees 6
DIC Corp, Key Employee Biographies 8
DIC Corp, Major Products and Services 9
DIC Corp, History 11
DIC Corp, Other Locations 15
DIC Corp, Subsidiaries 16
DIC Corp, Joint Venture 17
DIC Corp, Key Competitors 25
DIC Corp, Ratios based on current share price 26
DIC Corp, Annual Ratios 27
DIC Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
DIC Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
DIC Corp, Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Toyo Ink SC Holdings Co Ltd
TAIYO INK MFG. CO., LTD.
T&K Toka Co Ltd
SAKATA INX CORPORATION
Polyplastics Co Ltd
Letong Chemical Co.,LTD
DIC Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"