Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd (4063) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd (Shin-Etsu) is a chemical manufacturing company. It carries out the manufacture and sale of organic and inorganic chemicals, electronics materials, and functional materials. The company's product portfolio include polyvinyl chloride (PVC), silicones, cellulose derivatives, semiconductor silicon, LED packaging materials, rare earth magnets, epoxy molding compounds and synthetic quartz. The company's products find application in infrastructure components, digital home appliances, agricultural purposes, electrical wires, medical appliances and mobile phones. Geographically, the company operates in various countries including Japan, Malaysia, Germany, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, China, Australia, the UK, Netherlands and the US. Shin-Etsu is headquartered in Chiyoda-ku, Japan.
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd Key Recent Developments
Aug 03,2018: Shintech Louisiana announces USD 1.49 billion expansion for plaquemine facility
Jul 24,2018: Shintech Announces New Integrated PVC Plant Investment of USD 1.49 Billion to Bolster PVC Business
Mar 14,2018: Shin-Etsu Eyes Maintenance At PVC Plant
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Key Facts 6
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Key Employees 7
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Major Products and Services 8
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - History 9
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Company Statement 11
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 - Company Analysis 15
Company Overview 15
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Business Description 16
Business Segment: Electronics and Functional Materials 16
Business Segment: Processing, Trading & Specialized Services 16
Business Segment: PVC/Chlor-Alkali 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: Semiconductor Silicon 17
Business Segment: Silicones 17
Business Segment: Specialty Chemicals 18
R&D Overview 18
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Corporate Strategy 19
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Strengths 20
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Weaknesses 21
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Opportunities 22
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Threats 23
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 33
Jul 24, 2018: Shintech Announces New Integrated PVC Plant Investment of USD 1.49 Billion to Bolster PVC Business 33
Section 5 - Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
List of Figures
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Performance Chart (2014 - 2018) 29
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Ratio Charts 31
List of Tables
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Key Facts 6
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Key Employees 7
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Major Products and Services 8
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, History 9
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Other Locations 12
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Subsidiaries 13
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Key Competitors 24
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 25
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Annual Ratios 26
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 27
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 28
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Interim Ratios 30
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 34
Capital Market Ratios 34
Equity Ratios 35
Profitability Ratios 35
Cost Ratios 36
Liquidity Ratios 36
Leverage Ratios 37
Efficiency Ratios 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Ube Industries Ltd
Sumitomo Chemical Co Ltd
Osaka Soda Co Ltd
Nitto Kako Co Ltd
Denka Co Ltd
China National Chemical Corp
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"