Metals & Mining in Norway
Metals & Mining in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Norway metals & mining market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The metals & mining industry consists of the aluminum, iron & steel, precious metals & minerals, coal and base metal markets.
- The Norwegian metals and mining industry had total revenues of USD 3.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Production volumes declined with a CARC of -2.9% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 3.5 million ton in 2017.
- Strong growth in 2014 and 2017, improving by 10% and 23% respectively, has offset the declines in 2015 and 2016.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the metals & mining market in Norway
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the metals & mining market in Norway
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key metals & mining market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Norway metals & mining market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Norway metals & mining market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Norway metals & mining market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Norway metals & mining market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Norway's metals & mining market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 26
Alcoa Corp 26
Glencore Plc 29
Norsk Hydro ASA 32
SSAB AB 36
Macroeconomic Indicators 39
Country data 39
Industry associations 42
Related MarketLine research 42
About MarketLine 43
List of Figures
Figure 1: Norway metals & mining industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Norway metals & mining industry volume: thousand ton, 2013-17
Figure 3: Norway metals & mining industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Norway metals & mining industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Norway metals & mining industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Norway metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand ton, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the metals & mining industry in Norway, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the metals & mining industry in Norway, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the metals & mining industry in Norway, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the metals & mining industry in Norway, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the metals & mining industry in Norway, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the metals & mining industry in Norway, 2017
Figure 13: Alcoa Corp: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Glencore Plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Glencore Plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Norsk Hydro ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Norsk Hydro ASA: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: SSAB AB: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: SSAB AB: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway metals & mining industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Norway metals & mining industry volume: thousand ton, 2013-17
Table 3: Norway metals & mining industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Norway metals & mining industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Norway metals & mining industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Norway metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand ton, 2017-22
Table 7: Alcoa Corp: key facts
Table 8: Alcoa Corp: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Alcoa Corp: key financial ratios
Table 10: Glencore Plc: key facts
Table 11: Glencore Plc: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Glencore Plc: key financials (CHF)
Table 13: Glencore Plc: key financial ratios
Table 14: Norsk Hydro ASA: key facts
Table 15: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financials (NOK)
Table 17: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financial ratios
Table 18: SSAB AB: key facts
Table 19: SSAB AB: key financials (USD )
Table 20: SSAB AB: key financials (SEK)
Table 21: SSAB AB: key financial ratios
Table 22: Norway size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 23: Norway gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 24: Norway gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 25: Norway inflation, 2013-17
Table 26: Norway consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 27: Norway exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Norsk Hydro ASA
Metals & Mining, Metal Ore Mining, MarketLine, Norway
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"