• |
  • |
  • |
  Request for Sample Report
  Request A Quote

Executive Summary

Purchasing Trends and Intentions in Australian Mining, 2014

Summary

Mining equipment is one the major areas of expenditure for a mine. With the Australian mining industry currently facing a lack of available capital, pressure is being applied on purchasing decisions, which is resulting in changes in procurement strategies and behavior.

Understanding the changes in procurement behaviors is critical for mining equipment and service suppliers.

In an effort to gain insight into this issue, in February and March 2014, GlobalData surveyed 110 mine managers, maintenance managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers currently working in 90 Australian mines. Respondents were asked specific questions about purchasing methods and expectations concerning future expenditure for mining equipment.

Key findings include-

Despite being the dominant method of equipment purchase, outright purchase is expected to fall significantly in the next two years

More respondents see rental agreements increasing than any other method

Plant and heavy equipment will see the largest expenditure cuts within the next 12 months.

Scope

This report focuses on the Australian mining market and examines trends in purchasing across a range of different categories including plant and heavy equipment; equipment consumables; equipment parts and components, maintenance services; and explosives, blasting materials and chemicals.

Reasons to buy

Compare the methods Australian miners use to acquire equipment, and how this is expected to change.

Analyse the general expectations within the Australian mining industry for future expenditure, and how this varies by segment.

Understand how different customer segments in Australian mining plan to rationalise or extend their supplier networks.

Identify the major challenges Australian miners face when sourcing equipment.

Read More

Contact Us:
Ken Research
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications

+91-9015378249

1 Table of Contents

1 Executive Summary

2 Current Purchasing preferences

2.1 Purchasing Methods for Heavy Mobile Equipment

2.2 Purchasing Methods for Heavy Mobile Equipment

2.3 Rental Agreements

3 Future Spending Predictions

3.1 Capital Items to be Most Affected by Spending Cuts

3.2 Plant and Heavy Equipment to be Cut Back

4 Rationalization of Supplier Relationships

4.1 Anticipated Changes to the Number of Supplier Relationships

5 Challenges In Sourcing The Right Products

6 Conclusion

7 Appendix I

8 Appendix II

8.1 Survey Background

8.2 Analysis of the Survey Sample

9 Appendix III

9.1 What is This Report About?

9.2 Methodology

9.3 Secondary Research

9.4 Primary Research

9.5 Definitions

9.6 Contact GlobalData

9.7 About GlobalData

9.8 GlobalData's Services

9.9 Disclaimer

1.2 List of Figures

Figure 1: Purchasing Methods Used (%), 2014

Figure 2: Other Purchasing Methods in Combination with Outright Purchase (%), 2014

Figure 3: Other Purchasing Methods in Combination with Lease (%), 2014

Figure 4: Purchasing Method by Mine Type (%), 2014

Figure 5: Purchasing Method Type by Company Size (%), 2014

Figure 6: Changes in Financing in the Next Two Years (%), 2014

Figure 7: Decrease in Outright Purchase Financing by Company Size (%), 2014

Figure 8: Decrease in Outright Purchase Financing by Commodity (%), 2014

Figure 9: Increase in Outright Purchase' Financing by Commodity (%), 2014

Figure 10: Use of Rental Agreements by Company Size (%), 2014

Figure 11: Changes in Expenditure by Category over the Next 12 Months

Figure 12: Expected Reduction in Expenditure by Mine Type (%), 2014

Figure 13: Expected Reduction in Expenditure by Company Size (%), 2014

Figure 14: Expected Increase and Decrease for Two Key Categories (%), 2014

Figure 15: Changes in the Number of Supplier Relationships Expected Over the Next 12 Months

Figure 16: Expected Reduction in Number of Supplier Relationships by Mine Type, 2014

Figure 17: Expected Reduction in Number of Supplier Relationships by Mine Type, 2014

Figure 20: Survey Respondents by State (%), 2014

Figure 21: Survey Respondents by Mine Type (%), 2014

Figure 22: Survey Respondents by Commodity (%), 2014

1.1 List of Tables

Table 1: Expected Change in Use of Purchase Method in Next Two Years (%), 2014

Table 2: Expected Change in Expenditure by Area in Next 12 Months (%), 2014

Table 3: Changes in the Number of Supplier Relationships Expected in Next 12 Months (%), 2014

Table 4: Biggest Challenges in Sourcing the Right Equipment (%), 2014

Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only

Site License:
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office

Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company

To know more information on Purchase by Section, please send a mail to sales [@] kenresearch.com

Centennial Coal, Peabody Energy, Newcrest, Yancoal, BHP Billiton, Anglo American, Rio Tinto, Fortescue Metals Group

Mining, Equipment, OEM, contracts, purchasing, lease, finance lease, operating lease, rental, loans, chattel mortgage, capital expenditure, relationships, sourcing

select a license
Single User License
USD 1495 INR 107326
Site License
USD 2990 INR 214652
Corporate User License
USD 4485 INR 321978

NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY

Testimonials

I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ...

The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future...

An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ...

Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process....

Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed...

Ken Research Private Limited, Unit 14, Tower B3, Spaze I Tech Business Park, Sohna Road, sector 49
     Gurgaon, Haryana - 122001, India

download

Company Brochure

Engage with Us

sales [@] kenresearch.com