Government Spending in Europe
Government Spending in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The government spending sector is the total amount of public sector expenditure at any sort of level, including central government, local government etc. It is split into the following segments: defense, education, social protection, healthcare, and other. The defense segment includes all military and civil defense spending, foreign military aid, research and development, and other defense related expenditure. The education segment includes all spending on pre-primary, primary, secondary, and tertiary education, as well as education not definable by level, subsidiary services, research and development, and other education related expenditure. The social protection segment includes all spending on sickness and disability, old age, survivors, family and children, unemployment, housing, social exclusion, research and development, and other social protection expenditure. The health segments includes all spending on medical products, appliances, and equipment, as well as outpatient, hospital, and public health services, research and development, and other health expenditure. The other segment includes spending on general public services, public order and safety, economic affairs, environmental protection, housing and community amenities, and recreation, culture and religion, and other government expenditure. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The European government spending sector had total revenues of USD 10,463.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The social protection segment was the sector's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4,106.5bn, equivalent to 39.2% of the sector's overall value. The
- Germany and France have the highest spending in Europe, making up 17% and 16.1% of the European total respectively.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the government spending market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the government spending market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key government spending market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe government spending market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe government spending market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Europe government spending market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe government spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's government spending market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
BAE Systems plc 19
OAO Gazprom 22
HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft 26
Vinci SA 29
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe government spending sector value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Europe government spending sector category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Europe government spending sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Europe government spending sector value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the government spending sector in Europe, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the government spending sector in Europe, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the government spending sector in Europe, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the government spending sector in Europe, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the government spending sector in Europe, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the government spending sector in Europe, 2017
Figure 11: BAE Systems plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: BAE Systems plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: OAO Gazprom: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: OAO Gazprom: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Vinci SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Vinci SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe government spending sector value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Europe government spending sector category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Europe government spending sector geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Europe government spending sector value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: BAE Systems plc: key facts
Table 6: BAE Systems plc: key financials (USD )
Table 7: BAE Systems plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 8: BAE Systems plc: key financial ratios
Table 9: OAO Gazprom: key facts
Table 10: OAO Gazprom: key financials (USD )
Table 11: OAO Gazprom: key financials (RUB)
Table 12: OAO Gazprom: key financial ratios
Table 13: HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft: key facts
Table 14: HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft: key financials (USD )
Table 15: HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft: key financials (EUR)
Table 16: HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft: key financial ratios
Table 17: Vinci SA: key facts
Table 18: Vinci SA: key financials (USD )
Table 19: Vinci SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 20: Vinci SA: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
BAE Systems plc
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"