Government Spending in the United Kingdom
Government Spending in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The government spending sector is the total amount of public sector expenditure at any sort of level, including central government, local government etc. It is split into the following segments: defense, education, social protection, healthcare, and other. The defense segment includes all military and civil defense spending, foreign military aid, research and development, and other defense related expenditure. The education segment includes all spending on pre-primary, primary, secondary, and tertiary education, as well as education not definable by level, subsidiary services, research and development, and other education related expenditure. The social protection segment includes all spending on sickness and disability, old age, survivors, family and children, unemployment, housing, social exclusion, research and development, and other social protection expenditure. The health segments includes all spending on medical products, appliances, and equipment, as well as outpatient, hospital, and public health services, research and development, and other health expenditure. The other segment includes spending on general public services, public order and safety, economic affairs, environmental protection, housing and community amenities, and recreation, culture and religion, and other government expenditure. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The UK Government Spending sector had total revenues of USD 994.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The social protection segment was the sector's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 341.1bn, equivalent to 34.3% of the sector's overall value.
- Much of the UK's social protection spending is due to pensions, with a triple lock system guaranteeing rises.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the government spending market in the United Kingdom
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the government spending market in the United Kingdom
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key government spending market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom government spending market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United Kingdom government spending market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United Kingdom government spending market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom government spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United Kingdom's government spending market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
BAE Systems plc 20
Balfour Beatty plc 23
Capita plc 26
Network Rail Limited 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: United Kingdom government spending sector value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: United Kingdom government spending sector category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: United Kingdom government spending sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United Kingdom government spending sector value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the government spending sector in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the government spending sector in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the government spending sector in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the government spending sector in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the government spending sector in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the government spending sector in the United Kingdom, 2017
Figure 11: BAE Systems plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: BAE Systems plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Balfour Beatty plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Balfour Beatty plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Capita plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Capita plc: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: United Kingdom government spending sector value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: United Kingdom government spending sector category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: United Kingdom government spending sector geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: United Kingdom government spending sector value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: BAE Systems plc: key facts
Table 6: BAE Systems plc: key financials (USD )
Table 7: BAE Systems plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 8: BAE Systems plc: key financial ratios
Table 9: Balfour Beatty plc: key facts
Table 10: Balfour Beatty plc: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Balfour Beatty plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 12: Balfour Beatty plc: key financial ratios
Table 13: Capita plc: key facts
Table 14: Capita plc: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Capita plc: key financials (GBP)
Table 16: Capita plc: key financial ratios
Table 17: Network Rail Limited: key facts
Table 18: United Kingdom size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: United Kingdom gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: United Kingdom gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: United Kingdom inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: United Kingdom consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: United Kingdom exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
BAE Systems plc
Balfour Beatty plc
Network Rail Limited
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"