Government Spending in the United States
Government Spending in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The government spending sector is the total amount of public sector expenditure at any sort of level, including central government, local government etc. It is split into the following segments: defense, education, social protection, healthcare, and other. The defense segment includes all military and civil defense spending, foreign military aid, research and development, and other defense related expenditure. The education segment includes all spending on pre-primary, primary, secondary, and tertiary education, as well as education not definable by level, subsidiary services, research and development, and other education related expenditure. The social protection segment includes all spending on sickness and disability, old age, survivors, family and children, unemployment, housing, social exclusion, research and development, and other social protection expenditure. The health segments includes all spending on medical products, appliances, and equipment, as well as outpatient, hospital, and public health services, research and development, and other health expenditure. The other segment includes spending on general public services, public order and safety, economic affairs, environmental protection, housing and community amenities, and recreation, culture and religion, and other government expenditure. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The US government spending sector had total revenues of USD 7,330.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The healthcare segment was the sector's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 1,768.4bn, equivalent to 24.1% of the sector's overall value.
- According to a 2016 review of the Journal of the American Medical Association, healthcare costs in the US are double those in other high-income countries.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the government spending market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the government spending market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key government spending market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States government spending market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States government spending market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the United States government spending market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States government spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States's government spending market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 17
Degree of rivalry 18
Leading Companies 19
The Boeing Company 19
General Dynamics Corporation 23
Lockheed Martin Corporation 27
Raytheon Co 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: United States government spending sector value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: United States government spending sector category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: United States government spending sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: United States government spending sector value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the government spending sector in the United States, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the government spending sector in the United States, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the government spending sector in the United States, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the government spending sector in the United States, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the government spending sector in the United States, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the government spending sector in the United States, 2017
Figure 11: The Boeing Company: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: The Boeing Company: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: General Dynamics Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: General Dynamics Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Lockheed Martin Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Lockheed Martin Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Raytheon Co: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Raytheon Co: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: United States government spending sector value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: United States government spending sector category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: United States government spending sector geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: United States government spending sector value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: The Boeing Company: key facts
Table 6: The Boeing Company: key financials (USD )
Table 7: The Boeing Company: key financial ratios
Table 8: General Dynamics Corporation: key facts
Table 9: General Dynamics Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 10: General Dynamics Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 11: Lockheed Martin Corporation: key facts
Table 12: Lockheed Martin Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Lockheed Martin Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 14: Raytheon Co: key facts
Table 15: Raytheon Co: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Raytheon Co: key financial ratios
Table 17: United States size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 18: United States gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: United States gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: United States inflation, 2013-17
Table 21: United States consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 22: United States exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The Boeing Company
General Dynamics Corporation
Lockheed Martin Corporation
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"