3D Printing-Thematic Research
The first commercial 3D printer was invented in 1988. In 2013, the 3D printing industry was worth USD 3bn, and grew to USD 7bn in 2017. By 2025 the 3D printing market will account for over USD 20bn in spend.3D printing, or additive manufacturing, is the process of joining materials to make objects from three-dimensional model data, usually layer upon layer. The 3D printing market blends software technology with materials science and the growth in interest in 3D printing technology is fuelling a significant amount of R&D investment in the core technologies that make up 3D printing solutions.
3D printers are best suited for certain tasks: they are good for small production runs where customised products and short development cycles are the norm; they are suited for small items because there are limits to the size of affordable 3D printers; they are suited to high-value products, because they make it easier for the developer to retain manufacturing in-house; and they are also suited to products with high complexity, because the creation of complex geometric features is difficult to achieve using traditional machining methods but relatively easy with 3D printing.
3D printing is now widely used in prototyping across a number of sectors where it can significantly lower the cost of development. 3D printing is also seeing strong traction in aerospace, by dramatically changing the economics associated with the one-off manufacture of precision components.3D printing is currently being explored in new contexts as well, most notably in construction and medicine.There are four primary applications for additive manufacturing systems; Rapid prototyping, Tooling,Direct part manufacturing and Maintenance & Repair.
The report "3D Printing-Thematic Research", offers a framework in which to look at 3D Printing, summarizes the important trends, and identifies the key players.The report also helps in identifying winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
Companies Mentioned: 3D Systems, Stratasys, Renishaw, GE Additive, HP Inc, Proto Labs, Organovo, ExOne, Voxeljet, Groupe Gorge, Beijing Tiertime, Blueprinter, Concept Laser, EnvisionTEC, EOS, Mcor Technologies, Nanoscribe, Optomec
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem-
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 6
The eight leading 3D printing technologies 6
Material extrusion 7
Direct metal deposition 7
Powder bed fusion 7
Binder jetting 7
Material jetting 8
Vat photopolymerization 8
Sheet lamination 9
Technology trends 10
Macroeconomic trends 10
Regulatory trends 11
VALUE CHAIN 12
Desktop / Prototyping 13
Industrial / Manufacturing 13
Design Software 13
Process Control Software 13
Rapid Prototyping 13
Manufacture on Demand 13
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 14
Use cases 14
Market size forecasts 14
Competitive analysis 15
Mergers and acquisitions 17
DISRUPTIVE IMPACT 19
COMPANIES SECTION 22
Public Companies 22
Private companies 22
SECTOR SCORECARDS 23
Consumer electronics sector scorecard 23
Who's who in the consumer electronics sector 23
Thematic screen 24
Valuation screen 25
Risk Screen 26
Application software sector scorecard 27
Who's who in the application software sector 27
Thematic screen 28
Valuation screen 29
Risk Screen 30
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 31
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"