Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs, manufactures and markets high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies. The company's products include desktop graphics, desktop processors, laptop graphics, laptop processors, chipsets, memory products, solid-state drives, professional graphics and server processors. It also offers aerospace and defense, medical imaging and digital gaming solutions. AMD offers its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), original design manufacturers, system builders and independent distributors, and other contract manufacturers in industrial control and automation, digital gaming, digital signage and retail, communications infrastructure, thin client, and medical imaging sectors in North America, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa. AMD is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, the US.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc Key Recent Developments
Jul 26,2018: AMD Prove Analysts Wrong With Strong Q2 Results
Jul 12,2018: AMD Deepens Senior Management and Technical Leadership Bench
May 10,2018: AMD Appoints Graphics Software Architecture Leader Jeffrey Cheng to Corporate Fellow
Apr 26,2018: AMD releases Q1 2018 financial results
Jan 31,2018: AMD posts Q4 and annual 2017 financial results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Key Facts 5
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Key Employees 6
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Key Employee Biographies 7
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Major Products and Services 8
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-History 10
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Company Statement 19
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Section 2-Company Analysis 24
Company Overview 24
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Business Description 25
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Corporate Strategy 26
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis-Overview 27
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Strengths 27
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Weaknesses 28
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Opportunities 29
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Threats 30
Advanced Micro Devices Inc-Key Competitors 31
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 33
Performance Chart 36
Financial Performance 36
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 38
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Recent Deals Summary 39
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 40
Jul 26, 2018: AMD Prove Analysts Wrong With Strong Q2 Results 40
Jul 26, 2018: AMD Prove Analysts Wrong With Strong Q2 Results 41
Jul 12, 2018: AMD Deepens Senior Management and Technical Leadership Bench 42
May 10, 2018: AMD Appoints Graphics Software Architecture Leader Jeffrey Cheng to Corporate Fellow 43
Nov 13, 2017: AMD named Brand of the Year in trusted reviews Best Tech 2017 Awards 44
Nov 13, 2017: AMD named Brand of the Year in trusted reviews Best Tech 2017 Awards 45
Nov 01, 2017: AMD appoints Mark Durcan to board of directors 46
Oct 25, 2017: AMD reports third quarter 2017 financial results 47
Jul 26, 2017: AMD reports second quarter 2017 financial results 49
Jul 25, 2017: Advanced Micro Devices reports net loss for Q2 50
Section 5-Appendix 51
Ratio Definitions 51
About GlobalData 55
Contact Us 55
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 36
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Ratio Charts 38
List Of Table
List of Tables
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Key Facts 5
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Key Employees 6
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Key Employee Biographies 7
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Major Products and Services 8
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, History 10
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Other Locations 21
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Subsidiaries 22
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Key Competitors 31
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Ratios based on current share price 32
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Annual Ratios 33
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 34
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 35
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Interim Ratios 37
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, Recent Deals Summary 39
Currency Codes 51
Capital Market Ratios 51
Equity Ratios 52
Profitability Ratios 52
Cost Ratios 53
Liquidity Ratios 53
Leverage Ratios 54
Efficiency Ratios 54
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
VIA Technologies, Inc
Silicon Storage Technology, Inc.
Silicon Integrated System Corp.
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
International Business Machines Corp