Artificial Intelligence in Oil & Gas-Thematic Research
Machine learning is an artificial intelligence (AI) technology which allows machines to learn by using algorithms to interpret data from connected 'things' to predict outcomes and learn from successes and failures.
There are many other AI technologies-from image recognition to natural language processing, gesture control, context awareness and predictive APIs-but machine learning is where most of the investment community's funding has flowed in recent years. It is also the technology most likely to allow machines to ultimately surpass the intelligence levels of humans.
Many companies, like Alphabet, have already become 'AI-first' companies, with machine learning at their core. At the same time, many ML techniques are getting commoditized by being open sourced and pre-packaged into developer toolkits that anyone can use.
This report focuses on Artificial Intelligence in Oil & Gas.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem-
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's thematic engine help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
Technology trends 4
Macro-economic trends 6
Applications of AI in oil & gas 7
VALUE CHAIN 9
Ten categories of AI software 10
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 17
The Tech sector's angle 17
The Web-Scale companies 17
Enterprise software players 18
Proprietary datasets are also important 18
AI and ML are transforming the chipset market 19
The two critical components of any successful AI engine 19
IMPACT OF AI ON OIL & GAS 24
Oil & gas case studies in AI 24
How AI vendors can sell into the oil & gas sector 26
Recommendations for IT vendors 26
COMPANIES SECTION 27
Listed tech companies 27
Privately held tech companies 30
Oil & gas companies 33
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 35
History of machine learning 35
How does deep learning work? 35
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 38
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
Royal Dutch Shell
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"