Avnet, Inc (AVT)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Avnet Inc (Avnet) is a distributor of electronic components, IT solutions and services, embedded subsystems, and enterprise computer, networking and storage products and software. The company supplies these products directly and through customized solutions to clients. It also offers assembly and other value-added services to its clients. Avnet's products and services cater to original equipment manufacturers, original design manufacturers, electronic manufacturing services providers, systems integrators, independent software vendors and value-added resellers. The company serves a wide range of industries, such as aerospace and defense, automotive and transportation, communications, energy, healthcare institutions, home and building automation, lighting and wearable. Avnet conducts its business operations across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Avnet is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, the US.
Avnet, Inc Key Recent Developments
Sep 25,2018: Avnet and Not Impossible Labs Enable the Deaf to Experience Live Music
Sep 20,2018: Avnet and Not Impossible Labs partner to create technology products that enhance accessibility and inclusivity
Aug 08,2018: Avnet reports fiscal fourth quarter and 2018 financial results
Jun 13,2018: Avnet appoints new americas leader for electronic components group
May 23,2018: Avnet appoints Oleg Khaykin to board of directors
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Avnet, Inc-Key Facts 6
Avnet, Inc-Key Employees 7
Avnet, Inc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Avnet, Inc-Major Products and Services 10
Avnet, Inc-History 12
Avnet, Inc-Company Statement 21
Avnet, Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 23
Head Office 23
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 23
Section 2 - Company Analysis 26
Company Overview 26
Avnet, Inc-Business Description 27
Business Segment: Electronic Components 27
Key Stats 27
Business Segment: Premier Farnel 27
Geographical Segment: Americas 27
Geographical Segment: Asia-Pacific 28
Geographical Segment: EMEA 28
Avnet, Inc-Corporate Strategy 29
Avnet, Inc-SWOT Analysis 30
SWOT Analysis-Overview 30
Avnet, Inc-Strengths 30
Avnet, Inc-Weaknesses 31
Avnet, Inc-Opportunities 32
Avnet, Inc-Threats 33
Avnet, Inc-Key Competitors 34
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 35
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 35
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 36
Performance Chart 39
Financial Performance 39
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 40
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 41
Avnet, Inc, Recent Deals Summary 42
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 43
Sep 20, 2018: Avnet and Not Impossible Labs partner to create technology products that enhance accessibility and inclusivity 43
Aug 08, 2018: Avnet reports fiscal fourth quarter and 2018 financial results 44
Jan 25, 2018: Avnet Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2018 Results 45
Dec 28, 2017: Avnet names new chief financial officer 46
Oct 27, 2017: Avnet reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results 47
Aug 09, 2017: Avnet reports Q4 and fiscal year 2017 results 48
Aug 09, 2017: Avnet reports fourth quarter and fiscal year 2017 results 49
Aug 09, 2017: Avnet announces plan for chief financial officer transition 50
Apr 27, 2017: Avnet reports third quarter fiscal year 2017 results 51
Apr 25, 2017: Avnet Assembles LED Design Dream Team for LIGHTFAIR Institute Courses 52
Section 5 - Appendix 53
Ratio Definitions 53
About GlobalData 57
Contact Us 57
List of Figures
Avnet, Inc, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 39
Avnet, Inc, Ratio Charts 41
List of Tables
Avnet, Inc, Key Facts 6
Avnet, Inc, Key Employees 7
Avnet, Inc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Avnet, Inc, Major Products and Services 10
Avnet, Inc, History 12
Avnet, Inc, Other Locations 23
Avnet, Inc, Subsidiaries 24
Avnet, Inc, Key Competitors 34
Avnet, Inc, Ratios based on current share price 35
Avnet, Inc, Annual Ratios 36
Avnet, Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 37
Avnet, Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 38
Avnet, Inc, Interim Ratios 40
Avnet, Inc, Recent Deals Summary 42
Currency Codes 53
Capital Market Ratios 53
Equity Ratios 54
Profitability Ratios 54
Cost Ratios 55
Liquidity Ratios 55
Leverage Ratios 56
Efficiency Ratios 56
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
World Peace Group Americas Inc. Tech Data Corporation Mouser Electronics Inc Ingram Micro Inc. Future Electronics Inc. Dixons Carphone plc Digi-Key Electronics Arrow Electronics Inc
World Peace Group Americas Inc.
Tech Data Corporation
Mouser Electronics Inc
Ingram Micro Inc.
Future Electronics Inc.
Dixons Carphone plc
Arrow Electronics Inc
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"