Big Data - Thematic Research
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Big Data-Thematic Research
Today's digital economy is powered by data. It is produced in abundance by both individuals and enterprises and stored in vast data centers, some of which cover hundreds of thousands of square feet. Several prominent businesspeople and a number of leading publications have described data as the new oil, capable of generating significant value if used in the right way.
The challenge for enterprises is not collecting data-unlike oil, data is not scarce, nor is it difficult to extract-but deriving actionable insight from the wealth of information that they accumulate on a daily basis. This is where Big Data technologies come in, with their ability to handle extremely large, diverse data sets that, when analyzed, can reveal patterns, trends and associations, especially relating to human behavior and interactions.
Big Data has applications across industries, from providing detailed customer profiles for retailers to improving the drug discovery process through the use of predictive modeling. The opportunities available to those companies that can harness the power of Big Data are clear and wide-ranging, but it is not a one-size-fits-all solution; businesses need to tailor their approach to their own specific requirements and use cases.
- Big Data has applications across industries, from providing detailed customer profiles for retailers to improving the drug discovery process through the use of predictive modeling.
- The report analyses the opportunities available to companies that can harness the power of big data.
- It also highlights the need to tailor their approach to their own specific requirements and use cases.
Reasons to buy
- The report focuses on the seven key technologies within the big data theme, and the leaders in each of these technologies.
- It highlights the main trends over the next 12 to 24 months, classifying these trends into three categories-data trends, technology trends, and data center trends.
- The report also provides an industry analysis and examines the big data value chain.
- It also uses scorecards to identify the leading companies in a sector.
- It offers a technology briefing of how big data combines traditional data management technologies with new forms of data processing that are better suited to modern formats.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Data trends 4
Technology trends 5
Data center trends 7
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 9
A variety of trends are driving growth in Big Data 9
Mergers and acquisitions 12
VALUE CHAIN 15
Big Data generation 15
Big Data management 15
Big Data product development 16
Big Data consumption 16
COMPANIES SECTION 17
Public companies 17
Private companies 22
SECTOR SCORECARDS 24
IT services sector scorecard 24
Who's who in the IT services sector? 24
Thematic screen 25
Valuation screen 26
Risk Screen 27
Application software sector scorecard 28
Who's who in the application software sector? 28
Thematic screen 29
Valuation screen 30
Risk Screen 31
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 32
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 37
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies