Control Systems in Germany
Control Systems in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany control systems market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The control systems market is made up of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS). It does not include PC-based control systems and software. The market is valued at manufacturers selling price (MSP) and all currency conversions have been calculated at constant 2017 annual average exchange rates. A control system is a device, or set of devices, that manages, commands, directs or regulates the behavior of other device(s) or system(s). Industrial control systems are used in industrial production.There are two common classes of control systems, with many variations and combinations: logic or sequential controls, and feedback or linear controls. A logic gate is an idealized or physical device implementing a Boolean function, that is, it performs a logical operation on one or more logical inputs, and produces a single logical output. A Programmable Logic Controller, PLC or Programmable Controller is a digital computer used for automation of electromechanical processes, such as control of machinery on factory assembly lines, amusement rides, or light fixtures. The abbreviation "PLC" and the term "Programmable Logic Controller" are registered trademarks of the Allen-Bradley Company (Rockwell Automation). PLCs are used in many industries and machines. Unlike general-purpose computers, the PLC is designed for multiple inputs and output arrangements, extended temperature ranges, immunity to electrical noise, and resistance to vibration and impact. DCS (Distributed Control System) is a computerized control system used to control the production line in the industry. The entire system of controllers is connected by networks for communication and monitoring. DCS is a very broad term used in a variety of industries, to monitor and control distributed equipment.
- The German control systems market had total revenues of USD2,572m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The PLC segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD1,744m, equivalent to 67.8% of the market's overall value.
- A shift towards automation will pick up pace in the German market over the coming years as the country witnesses a strong shortage of skilled laborers. A poll conducted by the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DIHK) at the end of 2017 found that 56% of companies in Germany state that a shortage of skilled workers is the biggest threat their businesses face. Over the forecast period, growth is expected to decelerate as the migrant driven housing boom settles down as Germany has discontinued its policy of taking in large numbers of migrants.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the control systems market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the control systems market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key control systems market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany control systems market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany control systems market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany control systems market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany control systems market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's control systems market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 21
ABB, Ltd. 21
Honeywell International Inc. 24
Robert Bosch GmbH 27
Siemens AG 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany control systems market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany control systems market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany control systems market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany control systems market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the control systems market in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the control systems market in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the control systems market in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the control systems market in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the control systems market in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the control systems market in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: ABB, Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: ABB, Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Honeywell International Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Honeywell International Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Robert Bosch GmbH: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Robert Bosch GmbH: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Siemens AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Siemens AG: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany control systems market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany control systems market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Germany control systems market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Germany control systems market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: ABB, Ltd.: key facts
Table 6: ABB, Ltd.: key financials (USD)
Table 7: ABB, Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 8: Honeywell International Inc.: key facts
Table 9: Honeywell International Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 10: Honeywell International Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 11: Robert Bosch GmbH: key facts
Table 12: Robert Bosch GmbH: key financials (USD)
Table 13: Robert Bosch GmbH: key financials (EUR)
Table 14: Robert Bosch GmbH: key financial ratios
Table 15: Siemens AG: key facts
Table 16: Siemens AG: key financials (USD)
Table 17: Siemens AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 18: Siemens AG: key financial ratios
Table 19: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Honeywell International Inc.
Robert Bosch GmbH
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"