Dell Technologies Inc (DVMT)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Dell Technologies, Inc. (Dell), is a provider of desktop personal computers, software and peripherals. The company designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells and supports information technology infrastructure such as laptops, desktops, mobiles, workstations, storage devices and printers. The company offers its products under its own brand Dell, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream, and VMWare. Dell provides consulting services such as capacity planning, data center optimization assessments, virtualization and energy efficiency research. It also offers a wide range of financial services such as originating, collecting, and servicing customer receivables, primarily pertaining to the procurement of its products. It serves government, healthcare, education, energy and manufacturing sectors. Dell is headquartered in Round Rock, Texas, the US.
Dell Technologies Inc Key Recent Developments
Jun 04,2018: Dell Technologies posts fiscal year 2019 Q1 results
Mar 08,2018: Dell Technologies Reports Fiscal Year 2018 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results
Dec 07,2017: Dell Technologies reports fiscal year 2018 third quarter financial results
Nov 23,2017: HP commits to hiring women for at least 50% of jobs in key recruitment area
Sep 26,2017: Dell hires new chief diversity and inclusion officer from Silicon Valley software firm
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Dell Technologies Inc-Key Facts 6
Dell Technologies Inc-Key Employees 7
Dell Technologies Inc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Dell Technologies Inc-Major Products and Services 9
Dell Technologies Inc-History 10
Dell Technologies Inc-Company Statement 24
Dell Technologies Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 26
Head Office 26
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 26
Section 2-Company Analysis 36
Company Overview 36
Dell Technologies Inc-Business Description 37
Business Segment: Client Computing Group 37
Business Segment: Client Solutions Group (CSG) 37
Business Segment: Infrastructure solutions Group 37
Business Segment: VMware 38
Geographical Segment: Foreign Countries 38
Geographical Segment: The US 38
Dell Technologies Inc-Corporate Strategy 39
Dell Technologies Inc-SWOT Analysis 40
SWOT Analysis-Overview 40
Dell Technologies Inc-Strengths 40
Dell Technologies Inc-Weaknesses 41
Dell Technologies Inc-Opportunities 42
Dell Technologies Inc-Threats 43
Dell Technologies Inc-Key Competitors 44
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 45
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 45
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 46
Performance Chart 48
Financial Performance 48
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 49
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 50
Dell Technologies Inc, Recent Deals Summary 51
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 52
Mar 08, 2018: Dell Technologies Reports Fiscal Year 2018 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results 52
Dec 07, 2017: Dell Technologies reports fiscal year 2018 third quarter financial results 54
Sep 15, 2017: David Goulden president of Dell EMC's Infrastructure Solutions Group to step down at year end 55
Sep 08, 2017: Dell Technologies reports fiscal year 2018 second quarter financial results 56
Jul 11, 2017: Arrow Electronics Collaborates with V5 Systems and Dell to Bring Wireless, Solar-Powered Computing Solutions to the Outdoor Industrial IoT Market 57
Jun 21, 2017: MORO signs MoU with Dell to enhance collaboration in service delivery using cloud computing 58
Mar 30, 2017: Dell Technologies Q4 net loss increases 59
Section 5-Appendix 60
Ratio Definitions 60
About GlobalData 64
Contact Us 64
List of Figures
Dell Technologies Inc, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 48
Dell Technologies Inc, Ratio Charts 50
List of Tables
Dell Technologies Inc, Key Facts 6
Dell Technologies Inc, Key Employees 7
Dell Technologies Inc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Dell Technologies Inc, Major Products and Services 9
Dell Technologies Inc, History 10
Dell Technologies Inc, Other Locations 26
Dell Technologies Inc, Subsidiaries 26
Dell Technologies Inc, Key Competitors 44
Dell Technologies Inc, Ratios based on current share price 45
Dell Technologies Inc, Annual Ratios 46
Dell Technologies Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 47
Dell Technologies Inc, Interim Ratios 49
Dell Technologies Inc, Recent Deals Summary 51
Currency Codes 60
Capital Market Ratios 60
Equity Ratios 61
Profitability Ratios 61
Cost Ratios 62
Liquidity Ratios 62
Leverage Ratios 63
Efficiency Ratios 63
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
TPV Technology Ltd
Stratus Technologies Inc
SHI International Corp.
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
Nimble Storage Inc
Lenovo Group Ltd
International Business Machines Corp
Insight Enterprises Inc
Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Dell Technologies Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"