Like many emerging market economies, Indonesia is facing considerable pressure from the current shifts in the global economy. This, in turn, has been impeding growth in recent years, contributing to considerable risks and vulnerabilities. However, foreign investors' appetite for emerging markets has made the region more favorable in recent times. As a result, enterprises are investing eagerly in various ICT domains.
- Kable's survey shows that Indonesian enterprises are increasing their ICT investments in 2016 across core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure, including hardware, software, and IT services.
- The survey further reveals that Indonesian enterprises are giving the highest priority to SaaS solutions and are allocating a major proportion of their cloud computing budget to the same both in 2015 and 2016. In the same context, enterprises are also significantly increasing their investment in the private and public cloud in order to secure their information and gain agility.
- Indonesian enterprises are also investing eagerly on various IoT-equipped devices such as audio ID & mobility technologies, real-time location tracking, and network sensors in order to track the safety and location of their assets and information.
ICT investment trends in Indonesia presents the findings from a survey of 52 Indonesian enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Indonesian enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and mobility management. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Indonesia. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Indonesia.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT rupiah in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Indonesian enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Indonesian enterprises' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and mobility management
- Factors that are influencing Indonesian enterprises' investments in each technology category
- How Indonesia enterprises' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Indonesian enterprises' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Indonesian enterprises' preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Indonesian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Indonesian enterprises' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons to Buy
- Understand how the Indonesian enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT rupiah are being allocated by Indonesian enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Indonesian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and mobility management)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Indonesian enterprises' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and objectives that Indonesian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
1 Trends in ICT budgets
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Communications expenditure
1.4.5 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.1 Internet of Things (IoT)
2.1.2 Cloud computing
2.1.3 Business intelligence
2.1.4 Mobility management
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
3.4 Key decision maker for purchasing technology
4.1 Indonesian enterprises are optimistic about investing in various ICT domains to achieve differentiation and growth
5.2 Further reading
5.3 Contact the authors
Figure 1: Indonesian enterprise ICT survey industry breakdown
Figure 2: Indonesian enterprise ICT survey breakdown by size band (number of employees)
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among Indonesian enterprises
Figure 4: Indonesian enterprises' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2015 and 2016
Figure 5: Indonesian enterprises' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in Indonesian enterprise market
Figure 7: Indonesian enterprises' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: Indonesian enterprises' average communications expenditure
Figure 9: Indonesian enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 10: Indonesian enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type
Figure 11: Indonesian enterprises' ICT budget allocation by function, 2015 and 2016
Figure 12: Outsourced IT functions - Indonesian enterprises' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 13: IoT - Indonesian enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 14: IoT - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Indonesian enterprises
Figure 15: Cloud computing - Indonesian enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 16: Cloud computing - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Indonesian enterprises
Figure 17: Business intelligence - Indonesian enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 18: Business intelligence - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Indonesian enterprises
Figure 19: Mobility management - Indonesian enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 20: Mobility management - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Indonesian enterprises
Figure 21: Business objectives which influence Indonesian enterprises' IT investment strategy
Figure 22: Factors influencing Indonesian enterprises' decision to choose an ICT provider
Figure 23: Role of key entities in making ICT purchasing decisions
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
IT, Budget, Staff, Hardware, Software, Services, Communications, Consulting, Data Centre, Service Desk, End-user computing, Network, Applications, IT Management, development, maintenance, systems integrator, telco, reseller, outsourcer, infrastructure, help desk, support, client, mainframe, server, security, peripherals, storage, semi-conductor, cloud, license, application lifecycle, information management, software infrastructure, integration, SOA, desktop, hosting, disaster recovery, business continuity, convergence, mobile, voice, data.IT, Procurement, Purchasing, Buying, Local resellers, National resellers, Budget, Hosting, Staff, Hardware, Software, Services, Communications, Consulting, Data Centre, Service Desk, End-user computing, Enterprise applications, Business intelligence, Security, Content management, Mobility, IT systems management, Communications & collaboration, Green IT & virtualization, Cloud Computing, Efficiency, Customer satisfaction, SLA, Business goals, Price, Leading-edge technology, Contract flexibility, Enterprise applications, Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Financials, Supply Chain Management, HR Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Business Process Management, Interactive marketing automation systems & customer lifecycle management, Business intelligence, Data warehousing, Data marts, Analytics, Real-time Business Intelligence, Social sentiment analysis, Security, Identity & access management, Security & vulnerability management, End-point security & anti-virus, Network security, Content and web filtering, firewalls, Application Security, Backup & archive, Database security, Data Loss Prevention, mobile security, Content management, Document Management, Records Management, Web Content Management, Digital Asset Management, E-mail Archiving, Enterprise Search, Mobility, Mobile device management, mobile applications, Tablet computing, IT systems management, Systems & network management, Storage management, Service management, Database management, Transaction performance management, User experience management, Virtualization, Patch management & configuration, Communications & collaboration, Internet Protocol-Private Branch Exchange, IP-Contact Centre, Unified Communications, VoIP, Presence, Instant messaging, Web conferencing, Video conferencing, Green IT, Data centre, Power management, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service, Private Cloud, and Hybrid cloud
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"