KENCB10 - Avail a discount of 10% and cash back of 10% on all publications. Applicable on all licenses. Not Applicable on Ken Research Publications Limited Time Period Offer T&C apply
• Promo code can be used 1 time per user
Evolving customer dynamics and changing business requirements are placing greater emphasis on improving profit margins. This, in turn, has driven medium-sized enterprises to deploy various IT solutions to achieve differentiation and competence in their respective operating sector. Additionally, medium-sized enterprises are looking to use leading ICT solutions to support their plans for growth and modernization in 2015.
- Kable's survey shows that ICT investment by medium-sized enterprises is expected to show an upward trajectory owing to the lower TCO (total cost of ownership) and higher ROI (return on investment).
- SaaS (software as a service), owing to its lower cost, high scalability, and seamless integration is the most popular cloud computing solution, while private cloud is the most widely adopted in terms of mode of deployment.
- Meanwhile, leading-edge technology is considered as the most important criterion in choosing an ICT service provider.
ICT investment trends in medium-sized enterprises presents the findings from a survey of 1,021 medium-sized enterprises regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how medium-sized enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies these enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility. Understand the approach adopted by medium-sized enterprises to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to medium-sized enterprises.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions medium-sized enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Medium-sized enterprises' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility
- Factors that are influencing medium-sized enterprises' investments in each technology category
- How medium-sized enterprises' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Medium-sized enterprises' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into medium-sized enterprises' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that medium-sized enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing medium-sized enterprises' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons to Buy
- Understand how the medium-sized enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by medium-sized enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of medium-sized enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, business intelligence and mobility)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing medium-sized enterprises' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that medium-sized enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 Trends in ICT budgets
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.1 Enterprise applications
2.1.2 Business intelligence
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives and IT objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
4.1 Medium-sized enterprises are investing in various ICT domains in 2015 to achieve a competitive advantage and increase profitability
5.2 Further reading
5.3 Contact the authors
Figure 1: Medium-sized enterprises ICT survey geographic breakdown
Figure 2: Medium-sized enterprises ICT survey industry breakdown
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among medium-sized enterprises
Figure 4: Medium-sized enterprises' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2014 and 2015
Figure 5: Medium-sized enterprises' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in medium-sized enterprises market
Figure 7: Medium-sized enterprises' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: Medium-sized enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 9: Medium-sized enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type
Figure 10: Medium-sized enterprises' ICT budget allocation by function, 2014 and 2015
Figure 11: Outsourced IT functions - Medium-sized enterprises' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 12: Enterprise applications - Medium-sized enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 13: Enterprise applications - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among medium-sized enterprises
Figure 14: Business intelligence - Medium-sized enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 15: Business intelligence - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among medium-sized enterprises
Figure 16: Mobility - Medium-sized enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 17: Mobility - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among medium-sized enterprises
Figure 18: Business objectives and IT objectives which influence medium-sized enterprises' IT investment strategy
Figure 19: Factors influencing medium-sized enterprises' decision to choose an ICT provider
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
IT, Budget, Staff, Hardware, Software, Services, Communications, Consulting, Data Centre, Service Desk, End-user computing, Network, Applications, IT Management, development, maintenance, systems integrator, telco, reseller, outsourcer, infrastructure, help desk, support, client, mainframe, server, security, peripherals, storage, semi-conductor, cloud, license, application lifecycle, information management, software infrastructure, integration, SOA, desktop, hosting, disaster recovery, business continuity, convergence, mobile, voice, data.
IT, Procurement, Purchasing, Buying, Local resellers, National resellers, Budget, Hosting, Staff, Hardware, Software, Services, Communications, Consulting, Data Centre, Service Desk, End-user computing, Enterprise applications, Business intelligence, Security, Content management, Mobility, IT systems management, Communications & collaboration, Green IT & virtualization, Cloud Computing, Efficiency, Customer satisfaction, SLA, Business goals, Price, Leading-edge technology, Contract flexibility.
Enterprise applications, Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Financials, Supply Chain Management, HR Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Business Process Management, Interactive marketing automation systems & customer lifecycle management, Business intelligence, Data warehousing, Data marts, Analytics, Real-time Business Intelligence, Social sentiment analysis, Security, Identity & access management, Security & vulnerability management, End-point security & anti-virus, Network security, Content and web filtering, firewalls, Application Security, Backup & archive, Database security, Data Loss Prevention, mobile security, Content management, Document Management, Records Management, Web Content Management, Digital Asset Management, E-mail Archiving, Enterprise Search, Mobility, Mobile device management, mobile applications, Tablet computing, IT systems management, Systems & network management, Storage management, Service management, Database management, Transaction performance management, User experience management, Virtualization, Patch management & configuration,
Communications & collaboration, Internet Protocol-Private Branch Exchange, IP-Contact Centre, Unified Communications, VoIP, Presence, Instant messaging, Web conferencing, Video conferencing, Green IT, Data centre, Power management, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service, Private Cloud, and Hybrid cloud
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"
We would like to appreciate Ken Research for their great efforts and wonderful support in providing the Market Intelligence Report for ITPC. The information, statistics and research are well understandable and very clear to the point. We are happy with Ken research for their good client service, on-time delivery of the report and as said the report itself. Thank you Ken research for bringing the valuable output for us. We would be looking forward to have more research with you in the near future. Wish you a success in your business!... "Jestin Mathew, Indonesian Trade Promotion Center"