Low commodity prices, plunging currencies, and stock market sell-offs across emerging markets have hit Latin America particularly hard this year. However, despite these forewarnings of economic stress, Mexico's economy is growing, with the country becoming one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the Latin American region, thereby making it a strategic destination for foreign investments.
- Kable's survey finds that enterprises in the region are investing aggressively in various ICT domains to increase their profitability and maximize return on investment (ROI).
- Moreover, enterprises are increasing their ICT budget allocations toward software and services for the smooth running of their applications and to streamline their IT operations.
- According to the survey, Mexico's telecom sector is getting a major boost as well, with a considerable proportion of their average telecommunications budget allocated to network services and broadband in an effort to expand the reach and penetration of the internet in the region.
ICT investment trends in Mexico presents the findings from a survey of 105 Mexican enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Mexican enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and network services. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Mexico. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Mexico.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT peso in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Mexican enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Mexican enterprises' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and network services
- Factors that are influencing Mexican enterprises' investments in each technology category
- How Mexican enterprises' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Mexican enterprises' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Mexican enterprises' preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Mexican enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Mexican enterprises' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons to Buy
- Understand how the Mexican enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT peso are being allocated by Mexican enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Mexican enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and network services)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Mexican enterprises' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and objectives that Mexican enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
1 Trends in ICT budgets
1.2 Survey demographics
1.3 ICT budget changes
1.4 ICT budget allocation by core technology area
1.4.1 Hardware budget breakdown
1.4.2 Software budget breakdowns
1.4.3 Third party IT services expenditure
1.4.4 Communications expenditure
1.4.5 Cloud computing budget
1.5 ICT budget allocation by function
1.6 Outsourced IT functions
2 ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
2.1.1 Internet of Things (IoT)
2.1.2 Cloud computing
2.1.3 Business intelligence
2.1.4 Network services
3 ICT procurement trends
3.2 Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
3.3 ICT provider selection
3.4 Key decision maker for purchasing technology
4.1 Mexican enterprises are investing aggressively in various ICT domains in 2016 to increase their profitability and maximize their ROI
5.2 Further reading
5.3 Contact the authors
Figure 1: Mexican enterprise ICT survey industry breakdown
Figure 2: Mexican enterprise ICT survey breakdown by size band (number of employees)
Figure 3: Recent and expected ICT budget changes among Mexican enterprises
Figure 4: Mexican enterprises' (external) ICT budget allocation, 2015 and 2016
Figure 5: Mexican enterprises' average hardware budget allocation
Figure 6: Average allocation of software budgets in Mexican enterprise market
Figure 7: Mexican enterprises' average IT services budget allocation
Figure 8: Mexican enterprises' average communications expenditure
Figure 9: Mexican enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by technology
Figure 10: Mexican enterprises' average cloud computing budget allocation by implementation type
Figure 11: Mexican enterprises' ICT budget allocation by function, 2015 and 2016
Figure 12: Outsourced IT functions - Mexican enterprises' current and future outsourcing priorities
Figure 13: IoT - Mexican enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 14: IoT - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Mexican enterprises
Figure 15: Cloud computing - Mexican enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 16: Cloud computing - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Mexican enterprises
Figure 17: Business intelligence - Mexican enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 18: Business intelligence - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Mexican enterprises
Figure 19: Network services - Mexican enterprises' current and future investment priorities
Figure 20: Network services - selected primary provider and vendor satisfaction among Mexican enterprises
Figure 21: Business objectives which influence Mexican enterprises' IT investment strategy
Figure 22: Factors influencing Mexican enterprises' decision to choose an ICT provider
Figure 23: Role of key entities in making ICT purchasing decisions
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
IT, Budget, Staff, Hardware, Software, Services, Communications, Consulting, Data Centre, Service Desk, End-user computing, Network, Applications, IT Management, development, maintenance, systems integrator, telco, reseller, outsourcer, infrastructure, help desk, support, client, mainframe, server, security, peripherals, storage, semi-conductor, cloud, license, application lifecycle, information management, software infrastructure, integration, SOA, desktop, hosting, disaster recovery, business continuity, convergence, mobile, voice, data.IT, Procurement, Purchasing, Buying, Local resellers, National resellers, Budget, Hosting, Staff, Hardware, Software, Services, Communications, Consulting, Data Centre, Service Desk, End-user computing, Enterprise applications, Business intelligence, Security, Content management, Mobility, IT systems management, Communications & collaboration, Green IT & virtualization, Cloud Computing, Efficiency, Customer satisfaction, SLA, Business goals, Price, Leading-edge technology, Contract flexibility, Enterprise applications, Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Financials, Supply Chain Management, HR Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Business Process Management, Interactive marketing automation systems & customer lifecycle management, Business intelligence, Data warehousing, Data marts, Analytics, Real-time Business Intelligence, Social sentiment analysis, Security, Identity & access management, Security & vulnerability management, End-point security & anti-virus, Network security, Content and web filtering, firewalls, Application Security, Backup & archive, Database security, Data Loss Prevention, mobile security, Content management, Document Management, Records Management, Web Content Management, Digital Asset Management, E-mail Archiving, Enterprise Search, Mobility, Mobile device management, mobile applications, Tablet computing, IT systems management, Systems & network management, Storage management, Service management, Database management, Transaction performance management, User experience management, Virtualization, Patch management & configuration, Communications & collaboration, Internet Protocol-Private Branch Exchange, IP-Contact Centre, Unified Communications, VoIP, Presence, Instant messaging, Web conferencing, Video conferencing, Green IT, Data centre, Power management, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service, Private Cloud, and Hybrid cloud
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"