Internet of Things-Thematic Research
The IoT encompasses a rich, and complex ecosystem of technologies and technology companies-from the manufacturers of the sensors and microchips that go inside the connected devices to the telecom operators and wireless radio manufacturers that connect these devices to the internet, to the software services organizations that help clients stitch everything together.
While topics like wearable tech, connected cars and the smart home enjoy the limelight, other subsets of the IoT which reside in much less glamorous environments-like smart cities or the use of IoT in manufacturing or in product maintenance-will deliver the biggest economic benefits.
The IoT lies within the eye of a storm that has been whipped up by a combination of several megatrends: the decline in cost of the core technologies (sensors, chips, batteries and communications modules); the increasing ubiquity and falling cost of connectivity; the growth in the capacity of data analytics and processing technology; and the increasing ease with which applications can be integrated with one another.
- The report highlights the significance of connected devices that help organizations stitch everything together.
- It further ponders on the fact that while topics like wearable tech, connected cars and the smart home enjoy the limelight, other subsets of the IoT which reside in much less glamorous environments-like smart cities or the use of IoT in manufacturing or in product maintenance-will deliver the biggest economic benefits.
- The report also highlights key winners in each of the four layers of the IoT value chain-device layer, connectivity layer, data layer, and app layer.
Reasons to buy
- The report classifies the IoT into six distinct markets-the connected car, the automated home, the industrial IoT, wearable technology, smart metering, and the connected store.
- The report further highlights some of the big tech players within the IoT theme, classified by value chain segment.
- It identifies the main trends in the IoT over the next 12 to 24 months, and classifies these trends into three categories-technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- The report also discusses the IoT value chain across four layers-devices, connectivity, data, and apps.
- It provides an industry analysis and highlights the big IoT market segments.
- The report also provides a competitor analysis, which is populated by a spectrum of players, from the niche specialists to the large vendors.
- It adopts a scorecard approach to identify the leading companies in a sector, depicted in the form of a thematic screen, a valuation screen, and a risk screen.
- The report offers a technology briefing, identifying key characteristics of the big markets for IoT, and the stages of IoT development.
Table of Contents
Technology trends 5
Macroeconomic trends 9
Regulatory trends 9
VALUE CHAIN 10
Device layer 11
Connectivity Layer 12
Data Layer 14
App Layer 16
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 17
The standards battle 17
The IoT is entering the second phase of its evolution 20
Market size and growth forecasts 20
Competitive analysis 22
Mergers and acquisitions 24
COMPANIES SECTION 26
Public tech companies 26
Private tech companies 30
SECTOR SCORECARDS 32
Semiconductor sector scorecard 32
Who's who 32
Thematic screen 33
Valuation screen 34
Risk Screen 35
Industrial automation sector scorecard 36
Who's who 36
Thematic screen 37
Valuation screen 38
Risk Screen 39
Internet infrastructure sector scorecard 40
Who's who 40
Thematic screen 41
Valuation screen 42
Risk Screen 43
IT services sector scorecard 44
Who's who 44
Thematic screen 45
Valuation screen 46
Risk Screen 47
Application software sector scorecard 48
Who's who 48
Thematic screen 49
Valuation screen 50
Risk Screen 50
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 52
The six big IoT market segments 52
The four stages of IoT development 53
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 55
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
General Electric (GE)
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"