IT Hardware in Japan
IT Hardware in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan it hardware market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The IT hardware market includes all physical components integral to computing. The total market values include client computing and peripherals (desktop PCs, notebook PCs, fixed phones and adaptors, scanners and imaging devices standalone printers, thin-clients and workstations), network infrastructure (Ethernet hubs and switches, Ethernet routers, WAN CPE and termination equipment, WAN multi-service switches, WLAN access points, WLAN cards and WLAN switches and appliances), security hardware and appliances (content-filtering and anti-spam appliances, encryption/SSL accelerators, firewall and VPN gateways, smart card readers and smart cards), server computing (high-end servers, low-end servers and mid-range servers) and storage infrastructure (hard-disk drives, NAS filers and arrays, NAS gateways, SAN adaptors and connectors and SAN disk arrays).
- The Japanese IT Hardware market had total revenues of USD 22,678.0m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The Client Computing & Peripherals segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 12,970.4m, equivalent to 57.2% of the market's overall value.
- The IT hardware market has faced stiff competition from alternatives such as cloud computing, which has negated the need for consumers to invest in storage hardware.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the it hardware market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the it hardware market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key it hardware market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan it hardware market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan it hardware market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Japan it hardware market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan it hardware market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's it hardware market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 8
Market value 8
Market Segmentation 9
Category segmentation 9
Geography segmentation 10
Market Outlook 11
Market value forecast 11
Five Forces Analysis 12
Buyer power 13
Supplier power 15
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 21
Fujitsu Limited 21
HP Inc. 25
Lenovo Group Limited 28
Toshiba Corporation 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan it hardware market value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Japan it hardware market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Japan it hardware market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Japan it hardware market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the it hardware market in Japan, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the it hardware market in Japan, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the it hardware market in Japan, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the it hardware market in Japan, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the it hardware market in Japan, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the it hardware market in Japan, 2017
Figure 11: Fujitsu Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Fujitsu Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: HP Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: HP Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Lenovo Group Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Toshiba Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Toshiba Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan it hardware market value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Japan it hardware market category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Japan it hardware market geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Japan it hardware market value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Fujitsu Limited: key facts
Table 6: Fujitsu Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Fujitsu Limited: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Fujitsu Limited: key financial ratios
Table 9: HP Inc.: key facts
Table 10: HP Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: HP Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts
Table 13: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios
Table 15: Toshiba Corporation: key facts
Table 16: Toshiba Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 17: Toshiba Corporation: key financials (JPY)
Table 18: Toshiba Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 19: Japan size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Japan gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Japan inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Japan exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Lenovo Group Limited
IT Hardware, MarketLine, Japan
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"