Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an information technology (IT) company. It offers IT infrastructure services, engineering and industrial services, business intelligence, business process outsourcing and consulting services, cloud services, assurance services, enterprise solutions and asset-leveraged solutions. The company offers business solutions to various industries including banking, financial services, telecom, insurance, medical and information services, retail and consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, construction, metals and mining, energy and utilities, life sciences, healthcare, travel, transportation and hospitality, and others. Its software products comprise TCS BaNCS, Ignio, TCS Cloud Plus, TAP, iON, CHROMA, Optumera, TCS MasterCraft, and Technology products. Together with its subsidiaries and regional offices, it operates in South America, North America, Europe, India, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. TCS is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd Key Recent Developments
Sep 05,2018: 2018 Veeva R&D summit to showcase advances for speeding product development
Aug 20,2018: TCS recognised as a leader in life sciences R D ITO services by IDC MarketScape
Aug 17,2018: DBS Bank and TCS BaNCS win The Asian Banker Award for best financial markets technology implementation
Aug 17,2018: TCS positioned as a leader and star performer in digital workplace services by Everest Group
Aug 16,2018: TCS expands business operations in Denver, Colorado
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Key Facts 6
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Key Employees 7
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 8
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Major Products and Services 9
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-History 10
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Company Statement 26
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 27
Head Office 27
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 27
Joint Venture 30
Section 2-Company Analysis 31
Company Overview 31
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Business Description 32
Business Segment: Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) 32
Business Segment: Communication, Media and Technology 32
Business Segment: Manufacturing 33
Business Segment: Others 33
Business Segment: Retail and Consumer business 33
Capital Expenditure 33
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Corporate Strategy 34
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-SWOT Analysis 35
SWOT Analysis-Overview 35
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Strengths 35
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Weaknesses 36
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Opportunities 37
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Threats 38
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd-Key Competitors 39
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 40
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 40
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 41
Performance Chart 44
Financial Performance 44
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 45
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 46
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 47
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 48
Sep 05, 2018: 2018 Veeva R&D summit to showcase advances for speeding product development 48
Aug 20, 2018: TCS recognised as a leader in life sciences R D ITO services by IDC MarketScape 49
Aug 17, 2018: DBS Bank and TCS BaNCS win The Asian Banker Award for best financial markets technology implementation 50
Aug 17, 2018: TCS positioned as a leader and star performer in digital workplace services by Everest Group 51
Jul 25, 2018: Tata Power's Maithon Power inaugurates 'Daksh' training programme in collaboration with TCS 52
Jul 19, 2018: TCS positioned as a leader in Life Sciences R and D BPO Services in IDC Marketscape 53
Jul 18, 2018: TCS recognised as a Leader in Cloud advisory, assessment and migration services by NelsonHall 54
Jul 17, 2018: Total creates digital innovation center in India in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services 55
Jul 16, 2018: TCS wins the best innovation centre by a non-financial services institution at The Asian Banker Awards 2018 56
Jul 16, 2018: TCS wins the best innovation centre by a non-financial services institution at The Asian Banker Awards 2018 57
Section 5-Appendix 58
Ratio Definitions 58
About GlobalData 62
Contact Us 62
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 44
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Ratio Charts 46
List Of Table
List of Tables
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Key Facts 6
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Key Employees 7
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Major Products and Services 9
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, History 10
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Other Locations 27
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Subsidiaries 29
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Joint Venture 30
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Key Competitors 39
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 40
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Annual Ratios 41
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 42
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 43
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Interim Ratios 45
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 47
Currency Codes 58
Capital Market Ratios 58
Equity Ratios 59
Profitability Ratios 59
Cost Ratios 60
Liquidity Ratios 60
Leverage Ratios 61
Efficiency Ratios 61
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
HCL Technologies Ltd
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp
Zensar Technologies Limited