VMware, Inc. (VMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
VMware, Inc. (VMW)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
VMware, Inc. (VMware), a subsidiary of Dell Technologies, Inc., is a provider of cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology services. The company develops the applications of virtualization technologies. It offers software maintenance; and professional services such as design, implementation and training services. VMware markets its offerings through direct sales force and third party distributors, resellers, system vendors, systems integrators, and media and analysts. Its major customers include Accenture, Adira Finance, AeroData, Airbus France, Telin Singapore, PKO BP bank, Cerner Corporation, Almac Group, Bharti Airtel, HeidelbergCement AG, Gallus Group, Mosaic Life Care, Burkhalter Group, HedgeServ and Proact Systems A/S.. The company caters to government, education, healthcare and financial services sectors in the US and overseas markets. VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, the US.
VMware, Inc. Key Recent Developments
May 31,2018: VMware Reports Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results
Mar 02,2018: VMware announces Q4 and fiscal year 2018 financial results
Jan 18,2018: Crystal Group partners with Intel, VMware, and DC Systems to Deliver Robust Compute Solution for Smart Grid Modernization
Dec 01,2017: VMware announces Q3 2018 financial results
Aug 24,2017: VMware revenue increases 12.2% in Q2
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
VMware, Inc.-Key Facts 5
VMware, Inc.-Key Employees 6
VMware, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 8
VMware, Inc.-Major Products and Services 10
VMware, Inc.-History 13
VMware, Inc.-Company Statement 19
VMware, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Section 2-Company Analysis 22
VMware, Inc.-Business Description 22
VMware, Inc.-Corporate Strategy 23
VMware, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis-Overview 24
VMware, Inc.-Strengths 24
VMware, Inc.-Weaknesses 25
VMware, Inc.-Opportunities 26
VMware, Inc.-Threats 27
VMware, Inc.-Key Competitors 28
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 35
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 36
May 31, 2018: VMware Reports Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results 36
Jan 18, 2018: Crystal Group partners with Intel, VMware, and DC Systems to Deliver Robust Compute Solution for Smart Grid Modernization 38
Jan 18, 2018: Crystal Group partners with Intel, VMware, and DC Systems to Deliver Robust Compute Solution for Smart Grid Modernization 39
Aug 14, 2017: VMware reports preliminary results for fiscal 2018 second quarter 40
Jul 10, 2017: Claire Dixon appointed chief communications officer of VMware 41
Jun 02, 2017: VMware reports fiscal 2018 first quarter results 42
Jan 26, 2017: VMware reports fourth quarter and full year 2016 results 43
Section 5-Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List Of Figure
List of Figures
VMware, Inc., Performance Chart (2014-2018) 33
VMware, Inc., Ratio Charts 35
List Of Table
List of Tables
VMware, Inc., Key Facts 5
VMware, Inc., Key Employees 6
VMware, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
VMware, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
VMware, Inc., History 13
VMware, Inc., Other Locations 20
VMware, Inc., Subsidiaries 20
VMware, Inc., Key Competitors 28
VMware, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 29
VMware, Inc., Annual Ratios 30
VMware, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 31
VMware, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 32
VMware, Inc., Interim Ratios 34
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
VMware, Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
BMC Software, Inc.
Citrix Systems Inc
Red Hat, Inc.
Beyond.pl Sp z oo