Algeria: Country Intelligence Report
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Algeria: Country Intelligence Report
"Algeria: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Algeria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Algeria over 2018-2023 will be supported by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023 driven by increasing smartphone adoption and rising consumption of online content over mobile devices, supported by widespread availability of 3G services and fast evolving high-speed 4G services. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data-centric services and invest in LTE/LTE-A infrastructure development and coverage expansion. The fixed broadband segment will witness investments in FTTx, supported by Algerie Telecom's fiber-optic backbone expansion to boost broadband penetration in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Algeria compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Algeria.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2017 to 2023.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Algeria telecommunications market.
- Algeria's telecom service revenue will grow at a 0.8% CAGR, from USD3.7bn in 2017 to USD3.9bn in 2023.
- Mobile will account for 74.8% of total telecom service revenue in 2023, led by the mobile data segment.
- 3G will remain the most adopted mobile technology through 2023. 4G is evolving at a quick pace, supported by operators' LTE investments and coverage expansions.
- The top two mobile operators, Mobilis and Djezzy, accounted for a 70.5% subscriptions share of the mobile market in 2018. We expect the competition to further intensify as operators increase their focus on data-centric services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Algeria's telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Algeria's mobile communications, fixed telephony and fixed broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Algeria's telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Algeria.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macro and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 20
Competitive landscape 21
Ooredoo Algeria 25
Algerie Telecom 26
Additional resources 27
Forecast assumptions 28
Data tables 29
About the authors 35
Country Intelligence Report coverage 36
About GlobalData 37
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
ARPT, ARPCE, Ministry of Post, Telecommunications, Technologies & Digitization , mobile data in Algeria, Algeria fixed broadband, prepaid in Algeria, postpaid in Algeria, 3G in Algeria, 4G in Algeria, LTE in Algeria, Algeria network expansion, Algeria FTTH, Algeria Mobilis, Ooredoo Algeria, Djezzy Algeria, Algerie Telecom