Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (Cypress) is a leading provider of USB controllers, SRAM and nonvolatile RAM memories. The company delivers high-performance, mixed-signal, programmable solutions that provide customers swift time-to-market and high system value. Cypress's offerings include programmable system-on-chip families and derivatives, solutions for high-voltage and LED lighting applications, touch sensing solutions for touch screens, USB controllers, memories and programmable timing devices. It also captures user interface solutions such as CapSense, touch sensing, TrueTouch, trackpad solutions for notebook PCs and touch screen and peripherals. The company is focusing on Deca Technologies and AgigA Tech as a part of its growth plan, Emerging Technologies Division (ETD). Cypress is headquartered at San Jose in California, the US.
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jan 22, 2015: Cypress Reports Fourth-Quarter and Year-End 2014 Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Key Facts 6
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Key Employees 7
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - History 10
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Company Statement 16
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 - Company Analysis 19
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Business Description 19
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Corporate Strategy 20
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Strengths 21
Strength - Business Performance: Memory Products Division (MPD) 21
Strength - Geographical Landscape 21
Strength - Research and Development Activities 21
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - Operating Performance 22
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Semiconductor Market 23
Opportunity - New Product Launches 23
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 23
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Threats 24
Threat - Competitive Landscape 24
Threat - Dependence on Third Party Manufacturers 24
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 24
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 32
Jan 22, 2015: Cypress Reports Fourth-Quarter and Year-End 2014 Results 32
Section 5 - Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
List of Figures
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Ratio Charts 31
List of Tables
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Key Facts 6
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Key Employees 7
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, History 10
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Subsidiaries 18
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 34
Capital Market Ratios 34
Equity Ratios 35
Profitability Ratios 35
Cost Ratios 36
Liquidity Ratios 36
Leverage Ratios 37
Efficiency Ratios 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Texas Instruments Incorporated
Silicon Laboratories Inc.
Microchip Technology Incorporated
Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
Linear Technology Corporation
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation
Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc.
Integrated Device Technology Inc
Analog Devices, Inc.
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"