Czech Republic: Country Intelligence Report
"Czech Republic: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Czech Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Czech Republic over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. However, the mobile data segment will take the lead from 2022 onward, to account for 32.5% of total revenue by 2023, mainly driven by rising data-driven subscriptions and growing adoption of 4G services at higher ARPUs. Going forward, mobile operators will focus on offering data-centric services and LTE network expansions, and prepare for 5G network rollout. Broadband segment will witness increased investments in fiber network expansions, while the fixed wireless segment will witness a steady growth over the same period led by MNOs' focus on offering fixed broadband services over high-capacity LTE networks.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Czech Republic.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Czech Republic will grow at a CAGR of 1.7% (3.0% in USD) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue will account for 62.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and projected growth in 5G subscriptions.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology by 2023, driven by LTE coverage expansions from operators. We expect 5G to be commercially available in 2021.
- The three major mobile operators, T-Mobile Czech Republic, O2 Czech Republic and Vodafone Czech Republic, accounted for 86.5% of overall mobile subscriptions in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Czech Republic's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Czech Republic's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Czech Republic's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Czech Republic.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
O2 Czech Republic 28
Vodafone Czech Republic 30
Additional resources 31
Baseline forecast assumptions 32
Data tables 33
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 41
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
O2 Czech Republic
Vodafone Czech Republic
T-Mobile Czech Republic
UPC Czech Republic
CTU, National Broadband Plan in Czech Republic, spectrum auction, mobile data in Czech Republic, Czech Republic fixed broadband, prepaid in Czech Republic, postpaid in Czech Republic, 4G in Czech Republic, 5G, LTE in Czech Republic, Czech Republic Cable, Czech Republic DTH, Czech Republic network expansion, pay-TV in Czech Republic, Czech Republic FTTH, O2 Czech Republic, Vodafone Czech Republic, T-Mobile Czech Republic, U:fon, Tesco Mobile, ViaGIA, UPC Czech Republic, Ceske Radiokomunikace, Skylink, Digi TV
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"