Decoding the AI Ecosystem for Telecoms: Value Chain, Players and Telco Opportunities
"Decoding the AI Ecosystem for Telecoms: Value Chain, Players and Telco Opportunities", a global outlook report by GlobalData, lays out the key artificial intelligence (AI) definitions and underlying technologies, decodes the AI ecosystem & value chain, and summarizes the service use cases that can be harnessed by telcos to transform & produce value.
The report also provides a number of AI value chain positioning options that telcos can consider/assess to drive new revenue streams. It also offers case studies of telcos' AI implementations in specific network, operations, products, and customer interaction use cases. It analyzes the partnerships involved & the key benefits produced.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) will drive automation and efficiency and power the fourth industrial revolution. Telcos are lining up to harness AI in order to drive digital transformation, efficiency & innovation.
The report is structured as follows-
- Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context; an overview of the key AI definitions, technologies, and adoption drivers and inhibitors for telcos. It also discusses national AI strategies, regulations, and security considerations.
- Section 2: Telecoms AI Ecosystem; a digest of the telecoms AI use cases, an analysis of the AI value chain and an overview of the AI ecosystem players' map. This section also gives and explains a number of AI value chain positioning possibilities for telecom operators to help them yield new revenue streams.
- Section 3: Case Studies; provides three telecom operators' AI implementation case studies analyzing the drivers of such moves, the partnerships involved and the deployment models.
- Section 4: Findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings and recommendations for telecom operators to help them harness the benefits of AI and drive new revenue streams.
- AI implementation is crucial in driving telcos' service innovation, improving business agility, and powering 5G & IoT.
- A number of telcos have already started implementing AI through, for instance, partnerships with vendors and start-ups, JVs, M&As, or through in-house development.
- Beyond using AI for their own operational, product & customer interactions transformation, telcos can also yield new revenue streams from the AI opportunity by playing a role in the AI value chain.
Reasons to buy
- This global outlook report provides an extensive examination of the AI ecosystem to help telecom operators harness the technology and related business model levers required for telcos' internal transformation and to help them capture new revenue streams in the AI value chain.
- The report objective is to help inform global industry executives' decision-making process on the required AI implementation, service and commercial positioning strategies.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into telecom operators' AI implementations; this will help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits AI can create for them as well as the business & partnership models telcos can adopt to get access and deploy AI capabilities.
- The report maps the AI ecosystem players' landscape, specifying the players' role in the AI value chain. It also provides a number of value chain positioning options to be considered and assessed by telcos in order for them to play an active role in the AI space and monetize the arising opportunity.
- With ten exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help them understand and determine the adequate evolution moves for their AI strategies.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Exhibits 5
Executive Summary 6
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context 7
Defining AI 8
AI technologies overview 9
AI adoption for telcos: drivers & inhibitors 10
National AI strategies, regulations, & security considerations 11
Section 2: Telecoms' AI Ecosystem 12
Telecoms' AI use cases overview 13
AI value chain-overview 14
AI value chain-focus on the AI building blocks 15
AI ecosystem players 16
Telcos' potential role in the AI value chain 17
Section 3: Case Studies 18
AI for telcos' network operations optimization 19
AI for telcos' customer care automation & improvement 20
AI for telcos' new revenue streams 21
Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations 22
Acronyms and definitions 24
Companies mentioned 27
About the authors 28
Related research 30
Contact information 33
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: AI definitions and key technologies 8
Exhibit 2: AI technologies' application examples 9
Exhibit 3: National AI strategies, regulations, & security initiatives 11
Exhibit 4: Sample AI application use cases in telecoms 13
Exhibit 5: AI value chain components 14
Exhibit 6: Building block AI components 15
Exhibit 7: AI ecosystem players map 16
Exhibit 8: Huawei and China Telecom's VoLTE deployment relationship 19
Exhibit 9: T-Mobile US and Tupl customer care business relation 20
Exhibit 10: SKT's AI-powered Tango OSS platform & AI technologies implemented 21
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
South Korea Telecom
Orange Business Services
Artificial Intelligence, AI, AI Telecoms, AI telecom operator, Artificial Intelligence telecoms, Machine Learning, ML, Deep Learning, DL, cognitive computing, neural networks, context-aware computing, predictive modelling, computer vision, conversational platforms, smart robotics, RPA, Robotic Process Automation, fourth industrial revolution, predictive model, behavioral data, recommendation engines, image recognition , predictive maintenance, chatbots, AI virtual assistants, national AI strategy, AI regulations, AI security, AI talent, AI investments, network optimization, network automation, operations automation, operations optimization, SON, SDN, NFV, SD-WAN, personalized marketing, deep customer engagement, AI chipsets, GPUs, TPUs, AI value chain, AI players, AI ecosystem players, AI platform, Data vizualization & exploration, data aggregation, AI development tools, AI frameworks, AI Cloud, Data compilation, AIaaS, AI Customer care, AI customer interaction, AI monetization for telcos, AI telecom operator positionning
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"