Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Latin America
"Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Latin America", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Latin America. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
While DSL is the current leading technology in Latin America, its share of total fixed broadband lines will decline due to the strong push from operators to migrate their customer base to fiber. Additionally, fiber optic (FTTH/B) lines will increase, driven by fiber-optic network expansion initiatives by governments across the region to reach underserved areas, and FTTH network expansions by telecom operators.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Section 1: Latin America in a global context: This section provides a comparison of Latin America's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Latin America fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2018-2023.-Section 5: Key Findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Latin America fixed broadband market.
- Fixed broadband lines in Latin America will reach 99.2 million by the end of 2023, led by FTTH/B and cable segments.
- Internet services revenue will account for 72.9% of the total fixed revenue in 2023, up from 64.9% in 2018.
- Operators in Latin America are investing in FTTH network infrastructure to enable them offer seamless multiplay services around fixed broadband and IPTV.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Latin America's fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Latin America's fixed broadband markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Latin America's evolving fixed broadband market.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Exhibits 4
Key Takeaways 5
Latin America Highlights 6
Section 1: Latin America in a Global Context 7
Latin America's Demographics at a Glance 8
Latin America in a Global Context 9
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics 10
Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in Latin America 11
Major Competitive Changes in Latin America 12
National Broadband Plans 13
Latin America's Main Competitive Market Trends 14
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends 15
Internet User Trends in Latin America 16
Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in Latin America 17
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends 18
Fixed Broadband ARPU in Latin America 19
Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in Latin America 20
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations 21
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population, 2017-2023 (Millions) 8
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2017-2023 (USD Trillion) 8
Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2017-2023 8
Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2018 (% of Population) 9
Exhibit 5: Internet Users as a % of Total Population 9
Exhibit 6: Broadband Lines Penetration, 2018 9
Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Latin America, 2017-2023 (Millions) 16
Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Line and Penetration in Latin America, 2017-2023 16
Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, Latin America, 2018-2023 17
Exhibit 10: Top Five Latin America Markets in Terms of FTTH/B As a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2023 17
Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Latin America, 2018 19
Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, Latin America, 2018-2023 20
Exhibit 13: Select Latin America Fixed Broadband Market Sizes And Growth Prospects, 2018 20
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
ICE Costa Rica
VuPoint Systems Ltd
Fixed Broadband in Latin America, Fixed Broadband in Latin America, Fixed Subscriptions in Latin America, Fixed Subscriptions in Latin America, FTTH/B, xDSL, Fiber, Fixed Broadband
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"