Guinea-Bissau: Country Intelligence Report
"Guinea-Bissau: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guinea Bissau today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom service revenue in Guinea-Bissau will reach USD71m in 2018, an increase of 4.5% from 2017, which is mainly due to growth in mobile data services, driven by increasing smartphone adoption arising from 3G and 4G improvements by operators. Total revenue will increase further and grow to USD101.5m by 2023 led by the mobile data segment. Mobile voice revenue represented 67.1% of total revenue in 2018 but will decline over 2018-2023 to reach USD45.2m by 2023 due to falling mobile voice ARPU as a result of competition-induced voice tariff cuts and growing use of OTT VoIP services.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Guinea-Bissau.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Guinea-Bissau will grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile voice services revenue will reach USD45.2m by 2023, and mobile data revenue will grow to USD55.3m by 2023 led by growing Internet-based subscriptions and an increase in mobile data ARPU.
- 3G will remain the most adopted mobile technology across the 2018-2023 forecast period, and 3G and 4G subscriptions will grow at a faster rate.
- The top mobile operators, MTN Guinea Bissau and Orange Guinea-Bissau, will continue to focus on network investments and coverage expansion, fiber deployment and value-added service offerings to acquire customers and drive the telecom market.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Guinea-Bissau's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guinea-Bissau's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Guinea-Bissau's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guinea-Bissau.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 20
Competitive landscape 21
MTN Guinea-Bissau 22
Orange Guinea-Bissau 23
Additional resources 24
Baseline forecast assumptions 25
Data tables 26
Research methodology 30
About the authors 31
Country Intelligence Report coverage 32
About GlobalData 33
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
MTN Guinea Bissau
Orange Guinea Bissau
ARN, National broadband backbone network, mobile data in Guinea Bissau, fixed broadband, fiber, prepaid in Guinea Bissau, postpaid in Guinea Bissau, 3G in Guinea Bissau, 4G in Guinea Bissau, MTN Guinea Bissau, Orange Guinea Bissau
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"