Hitachi Ltd (6501) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Hitachi Ltd (6501)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Hitachi Ltd (Hitachi) is a multinational company with operations in sectors such as engineering and electronics, nuclear, transportation and industrial systems. It manufactures and sells information and telecommunication systems, power systems, social infrastructure and industrial systems, construction machinery, electronic systems and equipment, automotive systems, and smart life and eco-friendly systems; and provides related solutions. The company's products and services find application in various markets including healthcare; power systems; infrastructure; industrial, transportation, railways; urban planning and development; defense; information and telecommunication; and chemical industries. The company caters its services to global automobile, aerospace, nuclear, and computer industries. It has operational presence in Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America and Europe. Hitachi is headquartered in Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, Japan.
Hitachi Ltd Key Recent Developments
Aug 03,2018: Commencement of demonstration of low carbon hydrogen supply chain in Tomiya city, Miyagi prefecture
Jul 29,2018: Japan and Hitachi pin nuclear export hopes on U.K. project in Wales
Jul 27,2018: Hitachi reports results for Q1 ended June 30, 2018
Jul 20,2018: Hitachi business finance expands business development team
Jul 16,2018: Six companies join Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Hitachi Ltd-Key Facts 6
Hitachi Ltd-Key Employees 7
Hitachi Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 12
Hitachi Ltd-Major Products and Services 13
Hitachi Ltd-History 15
Hitachi Ltd-Company Statement 27
Hitachi Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 28
Head Office 28
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 28
Joint Venture 32
Section 2-Company Analysis 33
Company Overview 33
Hitachi Ltd-Business Description 34
Product Category: High Functional Materials and Components 34
Product Category: Automotive Systems 34
Product Category: Construction Machinery 34
Product Category: Electronic Systems and Equipment 34
Product Category: High Functional Materials and Components 35
Product Category: Information and Telecommunication Systems 35
Product Category: Others 35
Product Category: Smart Life and Ecofriendly Systems 35
Product Category: Social Infrastructure and Industrial Systems 36
Hitachi Ltd-SWOT Analysis 37
SWOT Analysis-Overview 37
Hitachi Ltd-Strengths 37
Hitachi Ltd-Weaknesses 38
Hitachi Ltd-Opportunities 39
Hitachi Ltd-Threats 40
Hitachi Ltd-Key Competitors 41
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 42
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 42
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 43
Performance Chart 46
Financial Performance 46
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 47
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 48
Hitachi Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 49
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 50
Aug 03, 2018: Commencement of demonstration of low carbon hydrogen supply chain in Tomiya city, Miyagi prefecture 50
Jul 16, 2018: Six companies join Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center 51
Jun 12, 2018: Hitachi awarded Authorised Engineering Organisation status by Transport for NSW, in Sydney Australia 52
Jun 05, 2018: Horizon moves forward on Wylfa Newydd 53
May 30, 2018: Strengthen Marubeni's Competitive Edge in the Domestic Power Retailing Business by Utilizing Digital Technology 54
May 30, 2018: Strengthen Marubeni's Competitive Edge in the Domestic Power Retailing Business by Utilizing Digital Technology 55
May 16, 2018: Solomon Power and Hitachi Conclude MoU on Resolving Energy Issues Leveraging Internet of Things 56
May 14, 2018: Hitachi and Toray are Commissioned by NEDO to Implement the Demonstration Project for an Energy Saving Seawater RO System in the actual scale in Saudi Arabia 57
May 11, 2018: Milestone of first phase of Project NEDO 58
May 08, 2018: NEDO and Hitachi Develop and Install Cloud-Based Integrated Distribution Management System in Slovenia, Demonstration Operation Starts in July 59
Section 5-Appendix 60
Ratio Definitions 60
About GlobalData 64
Contact Us 64
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Hitachi Ltd, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 46
Hitachi Ltd, Ratio Charts 48
List Of Table
List of Tables
Hitachi Ltd, Key Facts 6
Hitachi Ltd, Key Employees 7
Hitachi Ltd, Key Employees (cont..) 11
Hitachi Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 12
Hitachi Ltd, Major Products and Services 13
Hitachi Ltd, History 15
Hitachi Ltd, Other Locations 28
Hitachi Ltd, Subsidiaries 29
Hitachi Ltd, Joint Venture 32
Hitachi Ltd, Key Competitors 41
Hitachi Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 42
Hitachi Ltd, Annual Ratios 43
Hitachi Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 44
Hitachi Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 45
Hitachi Ltd, Interim Ratios 47
Hitachi Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 49
Currency Codes 60
Capital Market Ratios 60
Equity Ratios 61
Profitability Ratios 61
Cost Ratios 62
Liquidity Ratios 62
Leverage Ratios 63
Efficiency Ratios 63
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Hitachi Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
Babcock Power Inc
Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd