Microsoft Corp (MSFT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Microsoft Corp (MSFT)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft) is a technology-based company that develops, licenses, and supports software products, services, and devices. The company offers a comprehensive range of operating systems, cross-device productivity applications, server applications, business solution applications, desktop and server management tools, software development tools, video games and training and certification services. It also designs, manufactures, and sells PCs, tablets, gaming and entertainment consoles, and other intelligent devices. It provides a broad spectrum of services including cloud-based solutions, solution support and consulting services. The company markets, distributes and sells its offerings through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, and resellers, online media, Microsoft retail stores and other partner channels. Its business operations span the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Microsoft is headquartered in Redmond, Washington, the US.
Microsoft Corp Key Recent Developments
Sep 11,2018: Trade talks at Eastern Economic Forum
Sep 04,2018: Microsoft announces AI for Earth grant recipients from India and deepens commitment to sustainability in the country[Company PR : Tech-Microsoft Bosna I Hercegovina d.o.o.]
Aug 17,2018: Microsoft and Apollo Hospitals introduce AI powered cardiovascular disease risk score
Aug 10,2018: Alder Hey Children's Hospital plans to take holograms into the operating theatre
Aug 08,2018: The BHF joins forces with Microsoft and the NHS to save thousands more lives from cardiac arrests
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Microsoft Corp-Key Facts 6
Microsoft Corp-Key Employees 7
Microsoft Corp-Key Employee Biographies 9
Microsoft Corp-Key Operational Employees 11
Microsoft Corp-Major Products and Services 12
Microsoft Corp-History 14
Microsoft Corp-Company Statement 50
Microsoft Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 53
Head Office 53
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 53
Joint Venture 57
Section 2-Company Analysis 58
Company Overview 58
Microsoft Corp-Business Description 59
Business Segment: Intelligent Cloud 59
Key Stats 59
Business Segment: More Personal Computing 59
Key Stats 60
Business Segment: Productivity and Business Processes 60
Key Stats 60
Geographical Segment: Other Countries 60
Target Markets 60
Geographical Segment: The US 61
Target Markets 61
Microsoft Corp-Corporate Strategy 62
Microsoft Corp-SWOT Analysis 63
SWOT Analysis-Overview 63
Microsoft Corp-Strengths 63
Microsoft Corp-Weaknesses 65
Microsoft Corp-Opportunities 66
Microsoft Corp-Threats 67
Microsoft Corp-Key Competitors 68
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 69
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 69
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 70
Performance Chart 73
Financial Performance 73
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 74
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 75
Microsoft Corp, Recent Deals Summary 76
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 77
Sep 04, 2018: Microsoft announces AI for Earth grant recipients from India and deepens commitment to sustainability in the country[Company PR : Tech-Microsoft Bosna I Hercegovina d.o.o.] 77
Sep 04, 2018: Microsoft announces AI for Earth grant recipients from India and deepens commitment to sustainability in the country[Company PR : Tech-Microsoft Bosna I Hercegovina d.o.o.] 78
Sep 04, 2018: Microsoft announces AI for Earth grant recipients from India and deepens commitment to sustainability in the country[Company PR : Tech-Microsoft Bosna I Hercegovina d.o.o.] 79
Aug 17, 2018: Microsoft and Apollo Hospitals introduce AI powered cardiovascular disease risk score 80
Aug 10, 2018: Alder Hey Children's Hospital plans to take holograms into the operating theatre 81
Aug 08, 2018: The BHF joins forces with Microsoft and the NHS to save thousands more lives from cardiac arrests 82
Jul 31, 2018: Microsoft names SYNNEX Corporation 2018 OEM Windows Pro Devices Partner of the Year and Surface Hub Partner of the Year 84
Jul 20, 2018: Microsoft CEO Hails Incredible Year as Revenues Top USD 110 Billion 85
Jun 26, 2018: New team assembled to unlock the innovation potential in healthcare data 86
Jun 05, 2018: Under the sea, Microsoft tests a datacenter that's quick to deploy, could provide internet connectivity for years 87
Section 5-Appendix 90
Ratio Definitions 90
About GlobalData 94
Contact Us 94
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Microsoft Corp, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 73
Microsoft Corp, Ratio Charts 75
List Of Table
List of Tables
Microsoft Corp, Key Facts 6
Microsoft Corp, Key Employees 7
Microsoft Corp, Key Employee Biographies 9
Microsoft Corp, Key Operational Employees 11
Microsoft Corp, Major Products and Services 12
Microsoft Corp, History 14
Microsoft Corp, Other Locations 53
Microsoft Corp, Subsidiaries 54
Microsoft Corp, Joint Venture 57
Microsoft Corp, Key Competitors 68
Microsoft Corp, Ratios based on current share price 69
Microsoft Corp, Annual Ratios 70
Microsoft Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 71
Microsoft Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 72
Microsoft Corp, Interim Ratios 74
Microsoft Corp, Recent Deals Summary 76
Currency Codes 90
Capital Market Ratios 90
Equity Ratios 91
Profitability Ratios 91
Cost Ratios 92
Liquidity Ratios 92
Leverage Ratios 93
Efficiency Ratios 93
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Microsoft Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
The Sage Group plc
Slack Technologies Inc
Rackspace Hosting Inc
Nuance Communications Inc
International Business Machines Corp
Insight Enterprises Inc
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Electronic Arts Inc
Cisco Systems Inc
CA Technologies, Inc.
Adobe Systems Incorporated