Myanmar: Country Intelligence Report
"Myanmar: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Myanmar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Myanmar over 2018-2023 will be driven by the mobile data and fixed broadband segment. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023 driven by proliferation of smartphone subscriptions and increasing adoption of 4G services with higher ARPU. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data-centric services and invest in LTE/LTE-A infrastructure devlopment and coverage expansion. Broadband segment will witness investments in FTTx technology, supported by the government's universal service strategy to boost broadband penetration in the country and providing significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Myanmar.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Myanmar will grow at a CAGR of 3.0% from USD2.6bn to about USD3.0bn by year-end 2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 93.3% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G will become the most adopted mobile technology by 2021. Rising smartphone subscriptions and LTE network expansions from operators will drive subscriber growth.
- The top two mobile operators, MPT and Telenor will account for 81% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2018. We expect the competition to intensify further as all the operators are focusing on improving and expanding their LTE networks.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Myanmar's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Myanmar's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Myanmar's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Myanmar.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 22
Competitive landscape 23
Ooredoo Myanmar 26
Telenor Myanmar 27
Additional resources 28
Baseline forecast assumptions 29
Data tables 30
Research methodology 35
About the authors 36
Country Intelligence Report coverage 37
About GlobalData 38
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
MOTC, PTD, Universal service strategy, Spectrum licensing, mobile data in Myanmar, Myanmar fixed broadband, prepaid in Myanmar, postpaid in Myanmar, 4G in Myanmar, LTE in Myanmar, Myanmar network expansion, Myanmar FTTH, Myanmar DSL, Myanmar MPT, Ooredoo Myanmar, Telenor Myanmar, Myanmar YTP, Myanmar Redlink, Myanmar 5BB, Myanmar Mytel
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"